Illegal Immigrants

Illegal Immigrants and Amnesty  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

numberimmigrantsaa0.gif

There have been huge protests and marches from illegal immigrants across the United States. Many are Mexicans / Latinos who crossed the border from Mexico and other countries into Texas, Arizona, and California.

"Some 200,000 flag-waving, sign-carrying protesters marched in cities across the United States on Tuesday in orchestrated rallies intended to demonstrate the political might of Latinos and win amnesty for illegal immigrants." - Reuters

r132703506jpgx380y253sipv7.jpg

Win amnesty? They crossed the border illegaly! The American people worked their asses off to come into the country legally. When they received their citizenship (I believe after 7 years) -- it was a dream come true for each and every one of them. These illegal immigrants just want an easy way out of their problems and want respect as well?

"The marchers waved U.S. and Mexican flags and said they were angry about raids to nab illegal workers and Congress' failure to grant them amnesty. They hope to send a message to Washington as the 2008 presidential race heats up." - Reuters

r3645333363jpgx380y224smc0.jpg

Send what kind of message? These people are asking the United States for favors? I don't understand why these illegal immigrants believe that once they cross the border -- they should get rights! All they should get is a boot in the ass out of there.

"Being here for so long, working for so many years, paying taxes for so many years, going to school for so many years and not being able to exist, basically, I'm a ghost," said Isaias Gonzalez, who said he came to the United States from Acapulco illegally in 1989." - Reuters

capta7a8f3b0e2164443a44ka2.jpg

That's his fault. He came in ILLEGALY. What the hell does he expect? He knew that if he showed his face and didn't want to be a ghost no more -- then they'd take him to jail.

Now this may all look like I have a vendetta against illegal immigrants, but I don't. The point of the matter is that America needs illegal immigrants for the free-market economy. If they don't have people to do the dirty work, then Americans won't step up to the plate and do it. This is the only reason that nowadays more and more illegal immigrants are able to cross the border successfuly and stay where they are. He/she can get a job as a gardener, maid, or any type of low paying job. Once they start needing jobs that require social security -- say hello to identify theft, fraud, etc.

capt7464201685554e27bbfkr0.jpg

Crime is a big problem too. Let's say you get into a car accident with one of these illegal immigrants. Do you think that the person has car insurance? OH HELL NO!

Overall, I think the cons outway the pros. America is a wonderful country and I'm sure many people would love to move there. Just come in legally!

So, should illegal immigrants be granted amnesty (be given full rights as a Citizen)? :P

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/usa_immigration_dc

Honestly a joke.

Not only are they in America living as they like, but now they want more? 'I'm a ghost' that guy says. Bloody hell. This is where my far right views come from. They should put a bullet in that f.cker just to add some poetic irony to the whole business.

If I was anyone of authority in the US at that time, I'd have had every flag-holder rounded up, put on barges, and pushed out to sea. Think of all the things that'd solve. I'd have had em all shot but that way would save bullets. Honestly this is a joke and a half. I'm trying to think how all those illegal immigrants in the Eastern bloc are treated, and then how these latino motherf.ckers can have the gaul to protest for citizenship. Damn the free world is going to hell.

I'm not really qualified to answer the question in regards to the U.S.

In Australia, I would want them to be deported or hung immediately.

That would send the message that we ain't messing around.

Won't happen though due to the damned bleeding hearts.

Killing them is a beat extreme, don't you think?

---

I wanted to add that they also do hurt the economy as well. Many of these Latin American families are sending money back home. Over "$62.3 billion to their families, an increase of 14 percent from 2005" are being sent out of America.

As this may me helping Latin America -- it sucks the life out of America (USA) itself.

"The more than $3.3 billion that immigrants sent to their families last year makes up 18 percent of El Salvador's national income and surpasses foreign aid and investment, the Inter-American Dialogue study said. Most of the money goes to rural areas and helps bring families above the poverty line."

Source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7043001698.html

Just enough to get the message across.

That's smart .. then we'd get a bunch of Human Rights Organizations freaking out over America's actions. The government would have to use that option ONLY as a last resort. Not only that, but the illegal immigrants already in the country would probably start chaos. Then the current legal citizens would have mass rascism and prejudice against latinos / mexicans and absolute anarchy would result. Killing them is not only inhumane, but a terrible idea, with extreme reprocussions.

---

I wanted to add that they also do hurt the economy as well. Many of these Latin American families are sending money back home. Over "$62.3 billion to their families, an increase of 14 percent from 2005" are being sent out of America.

As this may me helping Latin America -- it sucks the life out of America (USA) itself.

"The more than $3.3 billion that immigrants sent to their families last year makes up 18 percent of El Salvador's national income and surpasses foreign aid and investment, the Inter-American Dialogue study said. Most of the money goes to rural areas and helps bring families above the poverty line."

Source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7043001698.html

I agree with you, but you could apply that logic to a lot of legal migrants as well.

For example in Australia, gotta love the place, I go to the university with the largest number of international students in New South Wales. Figures- 15-25% of the candidature for any given course comes solely from fee-paying internationals. Great?

Most of them plan on taking their education back home, and yet our government not only legally subsidises their education, but also, in allocating those places to international students, limits the opportunity for local students who aren't fee-paying to get in on academic merit alone.

That sh.t annoys me to no end. But its by the books. Honestly the next time we're talking about what we plan on doing after uni and one of these usually-Asian motherf.ckers says 'go back home and practice' I swear I'll beat them down. Go home? Who do you leeches think is paying for your education?? Show some flocking loyalty.

Same as all those families that live in the posh hills and loaded eastern suburbs. Live and work here, and then take the gains overseas. Isn't this at least immoral on some level, if not illegal??

That's smart .. then we'd get a bunch of Human Rights Organizations freaking out over America's actions. The government would have to use that option ONLY as a last resort. Not only that, but the illegal immigrants already in the country would probably start chaos. Then the current legal citizens would have mass rascism and prejudice against latinos / mexicans and absolute anarchy would result. Killing them is not only inhumane, but a terrible idea, with extreme reprocussions.

In post 3 I said I was talking about Australia not America. I don't care what solution (if any) is used in America. You people need to sort that out yourselves.

The fact that 11 million aliens got in before anyone cared shows how weak-willed your governments are.

And as for "American actions", your military illegally jails so-called terrorists without trial for 5 years in contravention of the Geneva accords and thumb your noses at any objections. You know you can get away with it "because you can". Even the worst of the worst deserve a trial in a timely manner.

In post 3 I said I was talking about Australia not America. I don't care what solution (if any) is used in America. You people need to sort that out yourselves.

Ah, my bad. It was a long night so I got them mixed up. Who said I'm part of "you people"? Nobody mentioned I live in America or if I'm even a US Citizen.

Remember, it's Greenland. :P