Why does music suck these days?

Alpha

Perhaps it sucks but I wouldn't know as I only listen to the old stuff, the 60s-70s-80s where artists actually had some talent, and they played their own instruments and sometimes even wrote their own lyrics!

I hate rap/hiphop and whatever else it's called these days, the sound of all those blacks wanting to shoot police and create anarchy is most definitely not my style. Also todays emo ballads, like Human Nature and all that sucky stuff, no thanks.

The overuse of electronic music, controlled by a computer program, really shows how useless today's "artists" really are. The computer programmer is the only talented person there.

I don't mind some heavy rock, or perhaps some grunge music, no problem with that. One kind of music of earlier times, the instrumental, seems to no longer exist these days.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a great point you brought up Robert. What singers actually do write their songs these days that doesn't include guns, hoes, and drugs?

For example, look at this Paul Simon song:

I Am A Rock

A winter's day

In a deep and dark

December;

I am alone,

Gazing from my window to the streets below

On a freshly fallen silent shroud of snow.

I am a rock,

I am an island.

I've built walls,

A fortress deep and mighty,

That none may penetrate.

I have no need of friendship; friendship causes pain.

It's laughter and it's loving I disdain.

I am a rock,

I am an island.

Don't talk of love,

But I've heard the words before;

It's sleeping in my memory.

I won't disturb the slumber of feelings that have died.

If I never loved I never would have cried.

I am a rock,

I am an island.

I have my books

And my poetry to protect me;

I am shielded in my armor,

Hiding in my room, safe within my womb.

I touch no one and no one touches me.

I am a rock,

I am an island.

And a rock feels no pain;

And an island never cries.

Can you find one song made made in the last 5 years that has lyrics so meaningful as above?

Nowadays when you utter a song .. it's only the main choros such as "That thong thong thong thong thong thong thong song!" It all has become a load of crap.

Perhaps you can appriciate my point more when I consider the human voice as another instrument, the words themselves have little importance. For a song to be pleasing, the instruments work together, in harmony. Many of those older songs do that, and can cause genuine happiness. Muisc with a disproportionate amount of voice is unpleasant - it's one reason I hate opera, arab music, and rap.

more of a reason why I no longer listen to American music or the least anything america made. Sorry but I just not into the music anymore, I just find it very boring. Pop is dead, hiphop/rap is too trashy, american rock is too corny (can't believe I used this word) and there's still decent metal bands I like (like slayer).

but anyway, the UK side or least anything in the UK side (not pop) but the fuse of electronic and rock/metal is very good I say. That's just one of my side, but I'm more into the japanese music scene. It's hard to denied because their culture of music is so different from the U.S/UK, the taste of their music is just very better in many ways. The music just have that oomph you don't get from your average U.S/UK band. To be more precise, they sound more diverse.

more of a reason why I no longer listen to American music or the least anything america made. Sorry but I just not into the music anymore, I just find it very boring. Pop is dead, hiphop/rap is too trashy, american rock is too corny (can't believe I used this word) and there's still decent metal bands I like (like slayer).

but anyway, the UK side or least anything in the UK side (not pop) but the fuse of electronic and rock/metal is very good I say. That's just one of my side, but I'm more into the japanese music scene. It's hard to denied because their culture of music is so different from the U.S/UK, the taste of their music is just very better in many ways. The music just have that oomph you don't get from your average U.S/UK band. To be more precise, they sound more diverse.

I went back to eletronic music.

Oh happy happy joy joy, btw did you ever listen to this song before? http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=59795 ignore the video, just enjoy the music :D

Oh happy happy joy joy, btw did you ever listen to this song before? http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=59795 ignore the video, just enjoy the music :D

sounds good.

I listen to a lot of different genres.

Mostly NRG these days.

Big Hard House fan though.

Oh tell me why, Do we build castles in the sky oh tell me why. All the castles way up high.

It can't be always regular broad generic electronic music, for me it's always very good progressive trance by Armin Van Buuren, ATB, DJ Tiesto. Those are what you can truly called good electronic music, not just random music good beats.

but I can always say im a fan of Electronic Body Movement (or EBM) music. It's pretty good. I can say the same to darkwave.

Oh tell me why, Do we build castles in the sky oh tell me why. All the castles way up high.

It can't be always regular broad generic electronic music, for me it's always very good progressive trance by Armin Van Buuren, ATB, DJ Tiesto. Those are what you can truly called good electronic music, not just random music good beats.

but I can always say im a fan of Electronic Body Movement (or EBM) music. It's pretty good. I can say the same to darkwave.

I try to stay old school.

Besides, nothing has ever been bad in the realm of the two genres @ NRG and Hard House