How Do You Get Your Files

Jitway

soulseek and torrents

however, I do not download any music by groups with a label that is part of the RIAA

Btw, is it true that there is as much freedom on irc as there are on newsgroups?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not another PeerGuardian fool......when will people realize, these organizations aren't going to make themselves obvious.

PeerGuardian is BULLSH!T and a waste of time/resources. Many a time IPs have been traced back to end users, hell my IP was even on the list at one point and people using that piece of trash couldn't connect to my hub I ran.

You think the RIAA tracks filesharing from IPs on the domain RIAA.ORG? Smarten the f**k up and lose that crappy soft.

Geez, i didnt mean to trigger your Rage. Just thought it would help, obviously it doesnt according to you. Sorry for trying to Help.

No rage, just anyone with any knowledge of how the internet actually works, would realize just how bogus this program is.......and how much it should disappear from the face of the earth.

soulseek and torrents

however, I do not download any music by groups with a label that is part of the RIAA

Btw, is it true that there is as much freedom on irc as there are on newsgroups?

Sure is you just have to know what server to connect to and you can find about anything you want on IRC.

In the end up it comes down to not so much whether IPs or logged or whether you use PG-esque softwares as much as the fragility of the laws.

Pretty much nowadays they can seize your records with little or no proof. And at the end of the day, everything you do is sitting at your ISPs office anyway.

Not another PeerGuardian fool......when will people realize, these organizations aren't going to make themselves obvious.

PeerGuardian is BULLSH!T and a waste of time/resources. Many a time IPs have been traced back to end users, hell my IP was even on the list at one point and people using that piece of trash couldn't connect to my hub I ran.

You think the RIAA tracks filesharing from IPs on the domain RIAA.ORG? Smarten the f**k up and lose that crappy soft.

Geez, i didnt mean to trigger your Rage. Just thought it would help, obviously it doesnt according to you. Sorry for trying to Help.

No rage, just anyone with any knowledge of how the internet actually works, would realize just how bogus this program is.......and how much it should disappear from the face of the earth.

Understood, but You can just tell me. Im noone to tell you how to talk or what to say but was all that necessary just to tell me that the program makes no sense???

I used to use newsgroups, torrents, etc a lot, but am too paranoid anymore. Torrents are just not safe. Only torrents I download anymore are DCP comics torrents.

If you want tv shows or movies and care about safety from legal threats over quality, use sites like peekvid.com or tv-links.co.uk which aggregate shows and movies posted on youtube, dailymotion, etc. They don't have links to download, but you can pull the links out using UrlSnooper. I use that then convert the shows from flv to mp4 to playback on my PSP.

A friend of mine at my school just got a letter for downloading a torrent on the school account. He had to take a copyright quiz to have his access restored. He said it was actually really hard and took him three times to pass! lol. :thumbsup1:

soulseek and torrents

Sure is you just have to know what server to connect to and you can find about anything you want on IRC.

do you know of any good servers and channels on where to find music? If so, send me a PM