How Do You Get Your Files

Jitway

Nope not default ports and got caught sharing over 1tb in a public anime hub. Torrent was a movie that was just out at the local theaters. It cost me a bundle to say the least.

I was charged with copyright infringement. My harddrives where taken as well as my computer.

How did they confiscate the hard drives? By force?

Sure did they had a writ and just came in and got all my crap. The externals and main pc they even took at the time the wife's pc but I got it back. The other stuff I never got back.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope not default ports and got caught sharing over 1tb in a public anime hub. Torrent was a movie that was just out at the local theaters. It cost me a bundle to say the least.

I was charged with copyright infringement. My harddrives where taken as well as my computer.

Sure did they had a writ and just came in and got all my crap. The externals and main pc they even took at the time the wife's pc but I got it back. The other stuff I never got back.

Did you have any idea they were going to barge in? And what time of day did it take place? Did they first ring the doorbell or break through the door?

Did you have any idea they were going to barge in? And what time of day did it take place? Did they first ring the doorbell or break through the door?

Only warning I got was the dog barking. It was about supper time. Say 6pm. As far as if they were coming. No. I had 2 letters from the isp listing all my stuff. One letter was over 100 pages long...but I just ignored it.

Edited by Jitway

How do you get your stuff that you play or watch?

I myself get most of it off newsgroups. The rest is off websites or private DC hubs. I use to use torrents but got caught twice on that and public hubs and it cost me big time.

Those are the best places to look.

You just have to make sure you know what you are doing and what you are downloading.

It sounds like your computer is easy to intrude on.

I recommend you make it less intrusive oriented.

Also, get an ISP that has a dedicated line and not a shared line (they are less opted to check thousands of individual lines as opposed to a shared network.)

Edited by DropDeadEd

Only warning I got was the dog barking. It was about supper time. Say 6pm. As far as if they were coming. No. I had 2 letters from the isp listing all my stuff. One letter was over 100 pages long...but I just ignored it.

Some story you got there ... how much money in equipment did you never get back?

Ignorance is only bliss until it slaps you back in the face. :P

Some story you got there ... how much money in equipment did you never get back?

Ignorance is only bliss until it slaps you back in the face. :P

I got back my pc and wifes. External drives all 8 of them were kept by the government. It ended up costing me 5012 dollars. Oh and my signature on a statement saying I would never fileshare again.

Now don't get me wrong that 5000 hurt. I was planning on taking a trip tp RIO that year with the wife.

But hell I spend that much on a guitar and even more on equipment for it. So it did not really hurt but it sure made me wise as far as where and what to share.

Since you got caught twice, you didn't have to sign the statement the first time? Or you just happened to get 2 letters and they barged in after the second time? And is that $5,000 in equipment or fines?

Since you got caught twice, you didn't have to sign the statement the first time? Or you just happened to get 2 letters and they barged in after the second time? And is that $5,000 in equipment or fines?

Ya they came in after the 2nd letter. The first letter they said since it was not answered they sent a second. It was almost the same as the first. The first just had about 500gb less of files. I had just bought a new external drive about the time of the first letter. And yes the 5000 was for fines or lets just say a settlement. They were seeking over 1000000 in damages. That amount even I could not come up with. As well as 4 years in jail. Been in jail before for 6 months and care not to go back.

Edited by Jitway

Ya they came in after the 2nd letter. The first letter they said since it was not answered they sent a second. It was almost the same as the first. The first just had about 500gb less of files. I had just bought a new external drive about the time of the first letter. And yes the 5000 was for fines or lets just say a settlement. They were seeking over 1000000 in damages. That amount even I could not come up with. As well as 4 years in jail. Been in jail before for 6 months and care not to go back.

May I ask what you were in jail for?

I get anything recent I want to pirate from other people. Older music I pull off of crappy P2P programs, and older games I get from a private torrent tracker. I use torrents for other stuff, too, but I'm not worried about that, it's all relatively legal.