Guilty Gear XX #Reload Online.

I've been playing it for awhile now.

The lack of any US or European playes has bugged me *seeing as how lag with the japs and koreans is annoying* has gne too far for me.

So I will show you all how to play Online with GGXX #Reload PC VERSION.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.) Obtain the *Japanese* version of GGXX #Reload, I won't tell you where to find it. Google is your brother.

2.) Download and install that baby and run the config.exe to set your controls.

Note: Since this is a Japanese game, it will take a while to begin the installation process. Once installation begins, you'll have to click the button on the far right a few times. On some systems, this button will have Japanese text followed by '(N)'. If the installation window closes after you clicked the button, then it means you clicked the wrong one. Try the one next to it instead.

3.) Download the GGXXNet patch from:

http://ggxxnet.mad.buttobi.net/index.html Right now, we're upto 1.04.

4.) Head to your Guilty Gear XX #Reload directory in program files, that's:

C:\Program Files\GUILTY GEAR XX # RELOAD and change the folder's name to 'GUILTY GEAR XX #RELOAD'.

So now, the new folder will be located at:

C:\Program Files\GUILTY GEAR XX #RELOAD.

5.) Extract the files from the XXNet package into your GG dir.

6.) Run the patcher file, and it'll automatically patch your ggxx.exe and create a backup called ggxx.OLD, if anything goes wrong with your game, delete the ggxx.exe and rename the ggxx.OLD to ggxx.exe and run the patcher again.

7.) Open the ggxxnet_config.exe, change the server script address to:

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/ggnlobby.cgi

and choose your port, and change the delay frame to 4. Most players use 4.

*IF YOU HAVE A ROUTER, PLEASE READ*:

If you have a router, by default you will have to forward TCP port 10000 on your router. This port can be replaced with any other port as long as you remember to forward it on your router. Some people (including myself) have found that enabling DMZ as well on the router helps connection problems.

8.) Right click your ggxx.exe, copy it, then paste a shortcut on the desktop.

9.) Run the ggxx.exe, and enable shortcut mode. To do this, go to:

options>>game options>>shortcut mode on

and exit to save it. Then run the game again, and you'll see ggxxnet at the bottom of the menu.

When you enter this mode, please keep an eye on the player status.

Status Key:

IDLE OK - good to go

BUSY NG

fighting with other players

NO RESPONCE NG

the player in not in the VS NET screen, or player is not in the game

EX ENABLE/DISABLE NG

Enable ExCharacter option setting is different(In ggxx_net_config.exe you can enable ex characters)

DELAY # NG

Change your Delay Frame setting in your ggxx_net_config.exe to match the other player's Delay Frame setting, then you should be able to connect to them (it seems that most ppl I see online set their Delay Frame to 2)

VER ERR x.xx NG

Player's GGXX NET version is older than yours

VER ERR ??? NG

Player's GGXXNET version is newer than yours

10.) Enjoy, and if you need any help at all, stop by #ggxxonline on irc.mizuum

-----------------------------------------------------------

My SN there on the lobby is DropDeadEd.

Hope to see you there.

Edited by DropDeadEd

I've been playing it for awhile now.

The lack of any US or European playes has bugged me *seeing as how lag with the japs and koreans is annoying* has gne too far for me.

So I will show you all how to play Online with GGXX #Reload PC VERSION.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.) Obtain the *Japanese* version of GGXX #Reload, I won't tell you where to find it. Google is your brother.

2.) Download and install that baby and run the config.exe to set your controls.

Note: Since this is a Japanese game, it will take a while to begin the installation process. Once installation begins, you'll have to click the button on the far right a few times. On some systems, this button will have Japanese text followed by '(N)'. If the installation window closes after you clicked the button, then it means you clicked the wrong one. Try the one next to it instead.

3.) Download the GGXXNet patch from:

http://ggxxnet.mad.buttobi.net/index.html Right now, we're upto 1.04.

C:\Program Files\GUILTY GEAR XX # RELOAD and change the folder's name to 'GUILTY GEAR XX #RELOAD'.

5.) Extract the files from the XXNet package into your GG dir.

6.) Run the patcher file, and it'll automatically patch your ggxx.exe and create a backup called ggxx.OLD, if anything goes wrong with your game, delete the ggxx.exe and rename the ggxx.OLD to ggxx.exe and run the patcher again.

7.) Open the ggxxnet_config.exe, change the server script address to:

www.nurupodensetsu.com/ggn/ggnlobby.cgi

and choose your port, and change the delay frame to 4. Most players use 4.

*IF YOU HAVE A ROUTER, PLEASE READ*:

If you have a router, by default you will have to forward TCP port 10000 on your router. This port can be replaced with any other port as long as you remember to forward it on your router. Some people (including myself) have found that enabling DMZ as well on the router helps connection problems.

8.) Right click your ggxx.exe, copy it, then paste a shortcut on the desktop.

9.) Run the ggxx.exe, and enable shortcut mode. To do this, go to:

options>>game options>>shortcut mode on

and exit to save it. Then run the game again, and you'll see ggxxnet at the bottom of the menu.

When you enter this mode, please keep an eye on the player status.

Status Key:

IDLE OK - good to go

BUSY NG

fighting with other players

NO RESPONCE NG

the player in not in the VS NET screen, or player is not in the game

EX ENABLE/DISABLE NG

Enable ExCharacter option setting is different(In ggxx_net_config.exe you can enable ex characters)

DELAY # NG

Change your Delay Frame setting in your ggxx_net_config.exe to match the other player's Delay Frame setting, then you should be able to connect to them (it seems that most ppl I see online set their Delay Frame to 2)

VER ERR x.xx NG

Player's GGXX NET version is older than yours

VER ERR ??? NG

Player's GGXXNET version is newer than yours

10.) Enjoy, and if you need any help at all, stop by #ggxxonline on irc.mizuum

-----------------------------------------------------------

My SN there on the lobby is DropDeadEd.

Hope to see you there.

hmmm, i'll have to give this a try :thumbsup1: *googles*

• 1 year later...

Since I had a hard time looking for the Japanese installer and was able to find one, I want to help and decided to upload it on a file server so everyone wouldn't have a hard time looking for the Japanese version. The file is in ISO format so you'll be needing Daemon Tools on this one. I had to break it into four parts with the use of Winrar.

If anyone's interested on getting the links - PM me so I can give it to you personally.

Edited by KiraSTRIKE

Since I had a hard time looking for the Japanese installer and was able to find one, I want to help and decided to upload it on a file server so everyone wouldn't have a hard time looking for the Japanese version. The file is in ISO format so you'll be needing Daemon Tools on this one. I had to break it into four parts with the use of Winrar.

If anyone's interested on getting the links - PM me so I can give it to you personally.

I tried to PM you, but your box was either full or not allowing messages.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know why version 1.20 of netplay won't work for me? I can patch it perfectly fine and config it. But when I run GG, I ALWAYS have to go to options > shortcut on. Nothing ever saves. Version 1.15 saves perfectly and don't have to do this. But no one plays on 1.15 anymore.

Also, been trying to connect to my friend; is there a way to host?

Totally offtopic: Anyway to make the resolution bigger? Only for the menu, the text is tiny in some places and hard to read.

Thank You!! :P

• 7 months later...
Does anyone know why version 1.20 of netplay won't work for me? I can patch it perfectly fine and config it. But when I run GG, I ALWAYS have to go to options > shortcut on. Nothing ever saves. Version 1.15 saves perfectly and don't have to do this. But no one plays on 1.15 anymore.

Also, been trying to connect to my friend; is there a way to host?

Totally offtopic: Anyway to make the resolution bigger? Only for the menu, the text is tiny in some places and hard to read.

Thank You!! :blink:

I've had the same problem with nothing ever saving did you ever manage to find out what was causing it and if possible a way around it??

I await your response, and thanks ;)

I might try this. What if I am running a 64 bit OS though? For these steps...

...I would basically have to do this instead...

C:\Program Files (x86)\GUILTY GEAR XX # RELOAD and change the folder's name to 'GUILTY GEAR XX #RELOAD'.

C:\Program Files (x86)\GUILTY GEAR XX #RELOAD.

...Would that screw anything up? Or could I just put it in the 64 bit program files directory? Or is there a 64 bit version?