What song(s) do you like that would normally embarrass you in front of friends?

Gryph

Scat Man.

That song can easily mean the guy loves crap.

I've had to sit and listen to that song by force a few times riding along with some friends. Let's just say I was contemplating to jump out the door at 75MPH on the freeway. I just can't stand that song. :P

I remember when people loved it.

My friend, not everybody is a sheep. :P

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok being the metalhead that I am. On my wedding day my wife wanted some Journey and REO. She loves them. Now I have even played with REO back in the late 70's...long story. But everynow and then I get the urge to play Take it on the Run by REO and sing my heart out to it. It was our main wedding song. And yes all my metal friends tease the crap out of me for it.

Ok being the metalhead that I am. On my wedding day my wife wanted some Journey and REO. She loves them. Now I have even played with REO back in the late 70's...long story. But everynow and then I get the urge to play Take it on the Run by REO and sing my heart out to it. It was our main wedding song. And yes all my metal friends tease the crap out of me for it.

Wow, you played with REO? I'd like to know the story. Intrigue us! :P

Well when I was 16 ...btw that is when I met my wife. I was dating this girl that was a neice of Renfro. Well REO was scheduled to play in Indy in about 2 weeks. I was about 4 years into playing guitar at the time. She said she could hook me up with them to play at a tune up or practice as they called it back then. Well I go sick as hell on the night before the concert so I missed the chance or at least I thought so.

I attended the concert on the day of it and was asked by the bouncers or security at that time that REO wanted to talk to me. Hell I was only 16 and thought no way but true they talked to me and wanted to come by my parents place at the time next day to talk more. Well my parents hated rock n roll so I though this is not gonna work. I then thought why not my best friends place where we had a many party and he was a fairly good drummer.

So me and my best friend at the time ended up jamming with REO for over 2 hours at his parents house all thanks to my girlfriend at the time that dumped me for another.

Well when I was 16 ...btw that is when I met my wife. I was dating this girl that was a neice of Renfro. Well REO was scheduled to play in Indy in about 2 weeks. I was about 4 years into playing guitar at the time. She said she could hook me up with them to play at a tune up or practice as they called it back then. Well I go sick as hell on the night before the concert so I missed the chance or at least I thought so.

I attended the concert on the day of it and was asked by the bouncers or security at that time that REO wanted to talk to me. Hell I was only 16 and thought no way but true they talked to me and wanted to come by my parents place at the time next day to talk more. Well my parents hated rock n roll so I though this is not gonna work. I then thought why not my best friends place where we had a many party and he was a fairly good drummer.

So me and my best friend at the time ended up jamming with REO for over 2 hours at his parents house all thanks to my girlfriend at the time that dumped me for another.

Very cool, man.

An old story, but definitely an admiring story. Thanks for sharing.

So did anything happen after they heard you guys play? Is there a follow up? :P