Nintendo warns against the use of modchips!

Alpha

Well of course once you buy something its yours to do whatever you want with. Such a warning is not meant for advanced mod chip people like yourselves, but the new ones who aren't really sure about it all.

I'm pro mod chip but I see nothing wrong with Nintendo trying to warn people about it.

They're just stating the obvious that it voids the warranty. I don't see anything wrong with this.

Even so, most stores (EB, GameStop, etc.) will replace the system for you (if they don't inspect it superclosely, that is) as long as you have the warranty receipt. When I voided the warranty of my first DS my attempting to install FlashMe, I got it replaced free of charge with no questions asked. All I had to do was show them my receipt.

And yes, once you buy a system, it is yours. flock with it all you like.

The only thing you dont wanna void the warranty for is a PC.

I need to get my hands on a DS soon. Flash cards sound really fun.

I'm not discouraging Nintendo to warn their audience. That's definitely a good thing, but this sounds more like a threat than anything else IMO. This is only the beginning.

the homebrew wii community including myself has only one thing to acknowledged, "thats the risk we have to take" can't say much else because thats how the cookie crumbles. It's always been this way since homebrew started.

If I want to go buy a Wii, and turn it into a toaster......try and stop me.

Companies need to start protecting their software better if they want to protect against piracy. I paid for the hardware, it's mine to do with as I please. If they want to argue liscencing, maybe they should start selling things even cheaper if we're only being "liscenced" our hardware.

I use products for things other than their intended purpose all the time!

For instance, I have this garbage intel processor on my desk that i wired to a USB cable (as to provide power) and it gets warm and keeps my drinks warm! Should Intel sue me?

I'm a huge fan of "ghetto-rigging" and getting things to do things they arent supposed to do. I paid money for it, so i can do what i want to it, If it breaks, its my fault.

You can never completely stop piracy, there will always be a way, You just have to make sure the average joe can't do it, and then you wont lose very much money, The more experienced people will ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS find workarounds.

If i cant modify a Wii, Then like IJTF said, Maybe it should remain Nintendo's property, and they can license it to me, Then when it breaks, they are responsible and i want it fixed free and fast. Sounds fair right?