How do you deal with stress and/or depression?

Alpha

Perhaps such a thing is possible but they'd be expensive. You know how on the news or on science shows they show MRI results with those images of peoples' brains with parts colored at different intensities? Maybe that could be used. I'm not too knowledgeable about that...yet. Ask me again in 4 years. :banghead:

Sounds very interesting. I've seen many pictures of different brain scans and I think they can detect a chemically imbalanced brain from a healthy brain. However, I highly doubt they can read how much of an imbalance there is at the moment. Thanks for the info Doc Ock! :thumbsup:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our local rag screamed on its front page RITALIN GENERATION

A local judge blamed doctors for diagnosing too many children with attention deficit order and precribing Ritalin to supposedly fix it. Instead these kids are turning violent when they grow up.

There was no such thing as ADD when I was a kid and we all got over whatever issues we had.

If I get too much stress I just have a drink or 2. Sometimes I play my guitar or music really loud as well. Always makes me feel better. Same for depression. Losing my daughter 2 years ago put me in a state of serious depression and if it was not for my music and friends I would not have made it. Music to me is cure all. :P

Edited by Jitway

I agree with Cinder.

Drugs are flocking Stupid.

Seriously, Imbalance MY ASS.

LOVE is a chemical Imbalance, ANGER is a chemical Imbalance, ANY MOOD YOU"RE IN IS A CHEMICAL DEVIANCE.

Grow the hell up and deal. the perfect medication.

Perhaps such a thing is possible but they'd be expensive. You know how on the news or on science shows they show MRI results with those images of peoples' brains with parts colored at different intensities? Maybe that could be used. I'm not too knowledgeable about that...yet. Ask me again in 4 years. :P

Brain activity on it's own is hard to measure.

Perhaps such a thing is possible but they'd be expensive. You know how on the news or on science shows they show MRI results with those images of peoples' brains with parts colored at different intensities? Maybe that could be used. I'm not too knowledgeable about that...yet. Ask me again in 4 years. :P

Brain activity on it's own is hard to measure.

Yeah, neurosciene is amazing.

A local judge blamed doctors for diagnosing too many children with attention deficit order and precribing Ritalin to supposedly fix it. Instead these kids are turning violent when they grow up.

There was no such thing as ADD when I was a kid and we all got over whatever issues we had.

Yeh I was reading that on the train yesterday and thinking... 'what the hell?'

I have beef with psychiatry and its tendency to attach PC labels to inconsequential in general, but this takes the cake.

ADD? An excuse for bratty kids to get away with their spoilt behaviour, all the while under this impervious umbrealla of psychological illness. It's suddenly not cool to reprimand little bastards because, oh no, they have ADD, cut them some slack. Hogwash.

These little flockers should be disciplined like I was as a child and maybe then they'll be forced to exercise some self-control instead acting up all the time and turning into the violent banes of society they all invariably will in the future.

Yeh I was reading that on the train yesterday and thinking... 'what the hell?'

I have beef with psychiatry and its tendency to attach PC labels to inconsequential in general, but this takes the cake.

ADD? An excuse for bratty kids to get away with their spoilt behaviour, all the while under this impervious umbrealla of psychological illness. It's suddenly not cool to reprimand little bastards because, oh no, they have ADD, cut them some slack. Hogwash.

These little flockers should be disciplined like I was as a child and maybe then they'll be forced to exercise some self-control instead acting up all the time and turning into the violent banes of society they all invariably will in the future.

PWNED +10!