Bunjalloo Web Browser v0.1

Web browser for NDS

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the IRC channels.... another web browser with a silly title is announced! Except this time it is by someone who has a history of actually releasing things. What's more, here is the first release.

I started this a couple of days before DragonMinded announced his 2.7 alpha series with web browser included. I thought it would be impossibly difficult and so far I've been right. There is a lot of tag soup out there.

It is currently buggy and incomplete. It really does the minimum to allow you to search stuff on Google and that's about it. However, it is proper Free Software (GPL), compiles using all the latest stuff (devkitArm r20, dswifi 0.3d, etc) and there is an issue tracker for you to add your feature wishes/bug reports to.

Please keep in mind:

It uses wi-fi auto connect. So routers only and configured from an official game, I'm afraid.

It has the font compiled in - originally it read them from the card but...

... my EZF 5 has stopped working, so DLDI is now more or less un-testable by me.

The keyboard is crap

It has no history feature (yet)

There is no cache (this is good since it means no corruption and bad since it goes slower)

No, it doesn't support Flash, javascript, images, style sheets (or most HTML in fact).

There is a lot of room for optimisation - "make it right, then make it fast"

I can only test on the phat DS, so it might not work at all on the lite.

That is all for now, hope you like it. Or at least, hope it isn't too offensive to your senses.

Source / Download