Canadians, you're full of it.

Cominus

I stumbled across this, yeah it may be old but it's still there. Must be nice to kill pretty girls.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Creba

The "Boxing Day Shooting" has been the subject of intense media coverage, particularly after a year in which the city of Toronto recorded 78 homicides and a record 52 shooting deaths. Only one month earlier on November 18, 2005, Amon Beckles was killed outside the sanctuary of a church while attending the funeral of his friend, Jamal Hemmings, whose shooting death he may have witnessed a week earlier. Some see Creba’s death as a sign of the beginnings of a big-city crime problem in Toronto. Detective Sergeant Savas Kyriacou of the Toronto Police Service spoke for these people in saying, "Toronto has finally lost its innocence. I think we're going to feel this day for a long time to come." At the same time, Toronto continues to have a lower violent crime rate than similarly-sized American cities, and on a per capita basis, with other Canadian cities.[2]

Yeah, canada isnt that great now is it?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, Wikipedia isn't that great of a source. If you think those numbers are bad...think of all the homicides and shooting deaths in New York City or Los Angelas, Chicago, Miami, Orlando, Little Rock, Austin, OK City, Kansas City, Phoenix, you get my point? We have a crap load of big cities here in the US and our numbers severely WAY out does those number...even in some smaller towns those numbers are severely out done. The US is one of the most corrupted countries in the world. Now I'm not saying that th US sucks or that we're better than anyone else or if another country is better than us. BUT the fact of the matter is, there may BE some countries that we are bigger than, more wealthier than, but it doesn't make us any better than them. We are 4 times the size of the country of Japan, yet they've got us beat in technology. China is about the same size as us, yet the got us beat in economy. It doesn't make them better than us however...

Fact is, it's all in a matter of opinion. Some people is going to think one area is better than the next....deal with it! We don't have the power to change people's opinions on the inside, we can just make them show one thing on the outside while they are thinking something else on the inside.

Edited by eleminator30

waaawaaa waaa wikipedia isn't credible

however, the sources being citing in that article are credible.

pretty sure you guys wouldn't be arguing about the credibility of crap if it were how america sucks, waaa waaa waa, right?

Edited by NeuronMaster

pretty sure you guys wouldn't be arguing about the credibility of crap if it were how america sucks, waaa waaa waa, right?

I would still argue.

I would still argue.

Cuz you're a member of gaygamer, cuz thats how they roll, arguing about gay shyt and stuff.

I would still argue.

Cuz you're a member of gaygamer, cuz thats how they roll, arguing about gay shyt and stuff.

your mom is

Yea man, they would Probably agree on how much America Sucks; Talk about how bad our laws and rules are; then compare to their hometowns. I kno America has its Major flaws but im happy where im at. And now i know someone is going to explode at me for saying that i actually like America......*waits*

Yea man, they would Probably agree on how much America Sucks; Talk about how bad our laws and rules are; then compare to their hometowns. I kno America has its Major flaws but im happy where im at. And now i know someone is going to explode at me for saying that i actually like America......*waits*

America has is good parts, like freedom of speech, religion, and press (even though they all seem to be fading... fast). But I'd say the bads outweigh the goods.

America has is good parts, like freedom of speech, religion, and press (even though they all seem to be fading... fast). But I'd say the bads outweigh the goods.

Of course, but thats no reason to HATE it ya know. There are other countries that dont have it half as good as America.

Every Country has its problems and will eventually get more. I don't really mind the problems my country has. Just because of one bad incident doesn't make the country bad to live in. Geez.