Is my console dead?

Hardcoreness! I ripped the AV/Serial port completely off the board, straightened all the pins perfectly and resoldered. Working Dreamcast, save for his other problem of previously having it not read discs (At least he thinks that because of no audio, but that was part in parcel of the AV port problem)

I am, the FUXING MAN!

Unfortunately, it would appear the controller ports daughterboard is dead. I swapped out the one from my Dreamcast, and things work fine, he'll have to foot the bill for another (If I can even find one).

Here's some shots of it in pieces, and in action.

hpim0515oq9.th.jpg

hpim0518cc2.th.jpg

hpim0522wi8.th.jpg Macro mode on my camera ain't all that great, closest shot I could get of my work on the AV port without it blurring.

hpim0526ak2.th.jpg

Missing a pin if you look closely, the Chroma for S-Video. Going to remove the VGA H-Sync pin and replace it with that. No VGA for you eleminator30, sorry.

Oh it's so pretty now and clean, and best of all it works very well (Can't fix broken+missing plastic components).

Swapped the VGA H-Sync pin to the S-Video Chroma, so now theres just a lack of VGA support.

And the controller port issue was nothing more than a blown resistor.

I'd post pics, but now it just looks like any other Dreamcast. :banghead:

Well I did buy it used. The ppl in this town HATES anything with Sega's name on it...pretty well thinking that Sega can be nearly as cool as Sony...so what happens when the local video ship buys a DC instead of a PS2? Of course it's the only console kids can rent in this town...but they will neglect it and have "their way" with it until it's time to take it back...the owners at one time told me some kid cut the video cord in half and brought it back to them...I bought the DC from them without a video cord, I had to actually pay an extra $12 or so for another video cord. So yea...I saved it from further brutality, but it sounds like I didn't buy it just in time...I was a little late...but at least it was saved thanks to you. Great job!

Edited by eleminator30

• 4 months later...