desperate firmware help!

Hey guys im new to this forum i just wanted to ask one simple request ok heres what happened recently i brought a Psp and i used it on my wireless connection at home ok heres the prob i done the stupidest thing ever and updated the firmware to 3.30 after i done this i decided to check Google for any hacks or stuff i can do and i was amazed of what its capable of but noticed i could not use any of it cause the firmware upgrade. my request here is if there is anything i can do with it like play psx games emulators hacks any thing. please id really appreciate it.

http://www.dark-alex.org/

read all the instructions

Readng the instructions isn't going to do him any good because he upgraded to sony's 3.30 firmware and there is no downgrader for that. You're out of luck. The only thing you can do is maybe return the psp where you bought it, and by another one somewhere else. And don't upgrade the firmware to sony's official one.

No: in order to upgrade to a custom firmware, you must be able to launch homebrew applications. Unfortunately, you cannot run homebrew on firmwares 3.10, 3.11, 3.30, or 3.40. I have not heard of any downgraders, but I'm sure someone is looking for a new exploit that might lead to a downgrader. All you can do now is stay at 3.30 and wait.

I would second that advice to not upgrade any further. The higher you go, the less chance there will be of someone eventually finding an exploit for that firmware.

My suggestion would be to ebay that PSP and buy a refurb one for as little as $129 from a place like tigerdirect. The ability to play all your old psx games on the go is what makes it worth getting one you can downgrade.

Either way, make sure you don't upgrade any further.

Downgradable firmwares come in bundles when they are developed. For example at first you could only go down from 2.00 to 1.50. Then after a while it was everything upto 2.71, and now everything upto 3.03.

Just be patient. All recent firmwares have been minor incremental ones- they have all been able to be decrypted the same way, and I wouldn't be surprised if you saw a downgrader for 3.30/3.40 released in the coming weeks. If you don't want to bother trading in and ordering off eBay just hold onto the one you've got now and sit tight for a little while.