XBOX 360 Elite Trade-In @ GameStop

Alpha

elite360boxnconsolecd0.jpg

Over the past few days there has been a few rumors hitting the web about potential Xbox 360 trade-in prices increasing over at EB Games and Gamestop for the launch of the Elite. Well, we got in touch with a few Gamestop managers and it's true. The promotion started today and dramatically increases the trade-in value for original Xboxes, Xbox 360 Cores, and Xbox 360 Premiums.

If you trade in a Premium 360 they'll give you $250 in-store credit, $200 in-store credit for a 360 Core, and $50 for an original Xbox. These trade-in price have increased pretty dramatically, because last week Gamestop was only paying $190 for an Xbox 360 Premium, now upped by $60. Both Gamestop managers also said that the new trade-in credit does not have to go towards an Xbox 360 Elite, but what other reason would you have for selling your 360? There you have it all wrapped up and confirmed. More trade-in cash for your old Xbox 360 to buy yourself a black Elite if you so choose.

source: http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/04/16/co...alue-increased/

---

What a ripoff! I bought a Premium 360 late last year and no way I would pay that much cash (Price of Elite: $479 -$250 [Cash back] = YOU PAY: $229) for an Elite. And I'll bet the Elite will be a pain in the ass to mod/firmware flash as well. The hell with that.

Good thing I'm one of those people who don't care about homebrew and drive flashing and all that other jazz.

Yeh, its a rort, but all the trade ins that GameStop and EB do are ripoffs.

Australia - EB - PS3 $699AUD.... when you trade in a PS2 or Xbox with 20 games. Does this sound like a good deal to anyone??

Id really want a black 360 over a white one. Luckily I waited and will probably get the black one sooner or later. If I hadnt though, there is no way in hell Id take them up on an offer like that.

i don't have hdmi, I'm nowhere near using up my hard drive space, and white is the new black anyways so no thanks.

i don't have hdmi, I'm nowhere near using up my hard drive space, and white is the new black anyways so no thanks.

:) No way. Black is still king. The white Xbox looks like one of those toy rip-off consoles. Wii looks ok I guess, but still the blackness of the Xbox will be a huge factor in me getting an Elite over a Premium whenever it is I buy one.

:D No way. Black is still king. The white Xbox looks like one of those toy rip-off consoles. Wii looks ok I guess, but still the blackness of the Xbox will be a huge factor in me getting an Elite over a Premium whenever it is I buy one.

AMEN TO THAT. Electronics generally look better in black or clear with Neon colors around it :) The Elite looks awesome.

Edited by GoRDoOnE

:clapping: No way. Black is still king. The white Xbox looks like one of those toy rip-off consoles. Wii looks ok I guess, but still the blackness of the Xbox will be a huge factor in me getting an Elite over a Premium whenever it is I buy one.

AMEN TO THAT. Electronics generally look better in black or clear with Neon colors around it :) The Elite looks awesome.

That color scheme makes me think of those ugly FILA shoes people wore back then (the white ones were ok though).

Anywho, the chrome/white 360 is much more aesthetically pleasing than an all black console.

I don't understand the fasicination with black electronic accessories. IMHO, if anything, they'll die faster than the ones that are white. Ever touch a white and black car on a sunny day? You'll notice the black one is scorching hot, while the white one isn't too shabby.

Maybe my knowledge of this kind of stuff is limited, but having a white console should help cooling as well, and preserve the life of the console better than black.

I don't understand the fasicination with black electronic accessories. IMHO, if anything, they'll die faster than the ones that are white. Ever touch a white and black car on a sunny day? You'll notice the black one is scorching hot, while the white one isn't too shabby.

Maybe my knowledge of this kind of stuff is limited, but having a white console should help cooling as well, and preserve the life of the console better than black.

To be fair, both cars would flaunt dirt effectively.

To be fair, both cars would flaunt dirt effectively.

True .. a little off topic .. but there is another problem with black and white handheld devices.

If you look at a black Nintendo DS Lite or Sony PSP .. you'll notice that they easily smudge and show fingerprints. But if you grab a white version of both handhelds ... any smudges or fingerprints will be very hard to notice.