NullDC Joypad Tutorial

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Play with the latency settings but generally speaking, audio problems can't be fixed unless the audio plugin itself is rewritten.

Fuzzy audio is fuzzy.

• 6 months later...

Been waiting for a decent Dreamcast emulator for years, I used to own the console. But had to sell it at the time. Got very ecxcited when chankast emulator was released. Then dismayed as it seems to have been discontinued. Then learned about NullDC fantastic! really wish it had gamepad support. I still got an original gamepad and a pc magicbox to connect it to my pc (obviously).

Read on one website they rushed out 1.0.3 , I might be wrong. Hope they have gamepad support in next version. And I really hope NullDC doesnt go the same way chankast. And the never released Icarus emulator. A Dreamcast emulator is long overdue, specially when u consider they'r working on ps2 emulator already.

• 1 month later...
:blink: I tried the things you guys have said but I still cannot get my keyboard to function with this emulator. I tried going to options to maple and to plugins for the port and setting it to keyboard winhook but still no way to configutre controls or use controls for my keyboard what so ever.

Setting the plugin to keyboard [Winhook], means that you want nullDC to emulate the Dreamcast keyboard addon, not input via a PC keyboard per se. Set nullDC Controller as active, then go to Options --> Plugins --> Maple --> Port A --> Configure keys for Player 1.

• 1 year later...

I can't get the nullDC to even read my keyboard! well i think, the keys read in the main menu but they seem to be all over the place, and I try to configure the keyboard but I go to Maple>Port A>Configure, and all the controls say they aren't assigned, then I try to assign one and the button press wont read, please help me configure my controls (its already set to keyboard)