[4/12/07] 1Emulation eXclusive: R4DS Flashcard Review

The gloves were... I have no idea. I just remember GameCop wearing gloves in the GP2x review, so I thought why not? :P Yeah, and the videos were a bit blurry because I couldn't find the flocking brightness setting for the video mode on the camera... :-)

Great review, nonetheless! :D Good job GC and iq!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave moonshell the ax and made dsorganize load from the center icon ;)

I gave moonshell the ax and made dsorganize load from the center icon :o

Please, explain. I would like to do that as well.

Nice job guys. Very comprenhesive review. And I saw your reflection Mooney. :o :o :o :o

;)

Was it hawt?

I gave moonshell the ax and made dsorganize load from the center icon ;)

Please, explain. I would like to do that as well.

just remove the _DS_MSHL.nds then rename dsorganize.nds to _DS_MSHL.nds and have it in the root of the card.

R4 1.08 final firmware is out. ;)

Kind of on the same topic, I'd like a slot 2 device; I've got the ds phat and I want gba compatibility, rumble, and ram expansion. Is there another slot-2 device that has ram, & rumble aside from the ez iv? if not, is there a ds phat version? if not, is it possible (easy/effective) to replace the shell with a standard gba one?

Very nice review. interesting stuff, makes me want to buy it now. As i feel more confident about the purchase of this product :)

Btw nice and toasty gloves :D

DSDoom works on the R4DS as I have it and ScummVM working perfectly.

Also, the R4DS has a new firmware update v1.08 which has a built in cheat function for games.

For GBA games, I just boot to my m3 perfect (2GB microSD) from the R4DS. The perfect combo =).

R4 1.08 final firmware is out. :)

Kind of on the same topic, I'd like a slot 2 device; I've got the ds phat and I want gba compatibility, rumble, and ram expansion. Is there another slot-2 device that has ram, & rumble aside from the ez iv? if not, is there a ds phat version? if not, is it possible (easy/effective) to replace the shell with a standard gba one?

Currently there's nothing of that sort - only the EZ 3 in 1 has the RAM pak right now, and the only other card with rumble is the Supercard Rumble series, which don't play GBA games. I'm not aware of any other devices that have all three bundled in but have heard that one of EZ's competitors may bring out a device similar to the EZ 3 in 1. I'm not going to say who.. I'm just saying its a rumor.. whether its true or not.. only time will tell :D