Marvel vs Capcom 2 on NullDC

Hey there, I'm running Marvel vs Capcom 2 with NullDC and while the compatibility list says it's 100% compatible, I still get this very annoying stutter in the game.

What should I do to solve this? My PC is medium-high end (I'll post the specs if they're needed) so it should run it fairly well and I usually run it with just the bare minimum programs in the background. The strange thing is that the stutter isn't there (it's video and audio) during the starting menus but it is there during battle and strangely, if I leave the fight the stutter is now present in the menus too.

Any ideas? Or is this just the best current emulation can do and there's nothing I can do?

By the way, it's a custom music version of the game, but apart from the music it should be 100% like the original.

That's just how the emulation speed is for people without high-end PCs. From what I've heard, you can get a little more speed using the Chankast video plug-in. As for it being slower in-game, that's a given, it's using more of the Dreamcast's resources, which in emulation means using more of your PC's resources.

Yeah, and the framerate are you getting?

First thing I would do would be to try the tips in this forum post:

http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21573

Try the the chankast plugins as well and see if that does anything.

I have a medium pc (P4 3.02 with only 512 mb and an older geforce card). I sometimes get a bit of a stutter and slowness at the beginning of games but it picks up after that (I guess after stuff is cached). But I definately get a good increase when I use the chankast sound plugin. Chankast video may cause more graphics issues. But I'd try them out and see what works best for you.

Edited by Sultan

Well it seems to hang around the 50-60fps at times but when stuttering it alternated between 50-60 and 20-30 which does get kind of annoying since it's a fast paced fighting game.

Here are my specs:

-Pentium 4 3.20GHz

-A overkill of 3GB RAM (hey, I had extra slots lying around!)

-A Radeon X1950 Pro (AGP)

About those Chankast plugins, do I just get them and put them in the plugin folder and they're activated in Chankast or do I have to do something else?

About those Chankast plugins, do I just get them and put them in the plugin folder and they're activated in Chankast or do I have to do something else?

they are already included in nullDC package (they are ports, since Chankast's plugins do not work with nullDC as is).

Well that was what I was assuming in the first place, but the thing is, it's not consistent. For some reason, when the matches start, it's perfectly fine, and then it starts stuttering which doesn't stop unless I exit NullDC. Even the menus that didn't stutter before stutter now. This is why I think it's something solvable... Maybe.

PC specs don't mean all that much if you're running a bloated machine, or using outdated drivers.

Make sure you're using the latest drivers for your video, sound card and motherboard chipset.

Then, make sure you don't have half a million things running in the background. Minimum Requirements on almost anything, are an over-estimate due to most PC users running poorly configured machines. I haven't met min reqs for anything since before Doom 3, I still play everything fine (Stalker though, is showing my machines age though....alot)

I have the latest drivers, I've tried turning off pretty much everything, even the virus scanner (usually takes a lot of CPU usage) and well, my PC runs STALKER on almost full maximum without any problem. Do you think it could be my game version? Maybe the Custom Music hack isn't the only thing it's not like the retail version.