PSP-Devolution News

Mooney

ANOTHER UPDATE: The PSP-Devolution has finally been released! FOR REAL!

UPDATE: Installation instructions have been added to the PSP-Devolution website. View them here.

pspdev_f_m.jpgpspdev_b_m.jpg

Sorry guys for taking longer than expected but there had some important improvements to be done in order to make the PSP-Devolution the top mod for your Playstation Portable system.

We are now using 4 layer technology for the PSP-Devolution which results in even smaller size. This way it fits just perfect into the PSP.

Sales to the resellers of the PSP-Devolution will start on April 16th, 2007 Monday May 14th, 2007.

All resellers that have contacted us in the past will automatically receive an email from us on the above mentioned date. New inquiries are welcome, too.

Well well. Looks like it might not be a fake after all. Also, it looks like it will be one helluva lot easier to install than the Undiluted Platinum. I, for one, can't wait for this to be released.

More pictures HERE and HERE.

Source

pspdev_f_m.jpgpspdev_b_m.jpg
Sorry guys for taking longer than expected but there had some important improvements to be done in order to make the PSP-Devolution the top mod for your Playstation Portable system.

We are now using 4 layer technology for the PSP-Devolution which results in even smaller size. This way it fits just perfect into the PSP.

Sales to the resellers of the PSP-Devolution will start on April 16th, 2007.

All resellers that have contacted us in the past will automatically receive an email from us on the above mentioned date. New inquiries are welcome, too.

Well well. Looks like it might not be a fake after all. Also, it looks like it will be one helluva lot easier to install than the Undiluted Platinum. I, for one, can't wait for this to be released.

More pictures HERE and HERE.

Source

Apparently UP just broke Dark Alex's psp. So its good to see there is a possibly more reliable chip on the way.

More updates!

Hi res picture link

Sales to the resellers of the PSP-Devolution will start between April 16th and April 20th, 2007.

We need to release two different versions of the PSP-Devolution. Thats's a 3.3V version for ta79 - ta81 boards and and a 1.8V version for all ta-82+ boards. This problem couldnt have been solved by a simple jumper on the pcb because we need to set the output values before programming the ACTEL ICs.

Features:

- Flash your PSP using the internal USB Port

- no additional USB Port required

- latest ACTEL ProASIC 3 technology

- NO power consumption

- doesn't touch the battery power in any way, powered by USB for the time being used to flash the PSP

- preassembled hi-tech flex pcb for easiest possible conection to the psp mainboard

- works on all available PSP versions incl. the new TA-082 and TA-086

- custom BIOS with a lot of cool additional features (tba)

PSP-DEVOLUTION IS NOT A MODCHIP. IT IS A PRETTY SOPHISTICATED USB-JTAG PROGRAMMER FOR A LOT OF NAND FLASH ICs. FROM OR POINT OF VIEW IT DOES NOT HARM ANY COPYRIGHT LAWS.

Its great to see stuff like this. Especially when if someone is trying a custom firmware that claims to work and is posted on a news site, then when tested it bricks your psp. i've been there and am still there. I look forward to this, thanks alot qj.net for bricking my psp.... :)

Edited by Gabriel

• 4 weeks later...

An installation guide has appeared on the PSP-Devolution website, along with this:

SHIPPING TO ALL RESELLERS STARTS ON MONDAY MAY 14th.

I'm really, really hoping they're telling the truth this time. -_-

View the installation instructions HERE.

My PSP was bricked using LUA player a while back. Sadly this was in the days before OE firmwares, so I've got a nice paperweight sitting on my desk here. This would be great to have asit woud be the ultimate insurance to prevent permanent brickage. Someone in my situation would probabally not feel safe even with the recovery mode, so this is a great (and hopefully less-expensive) alternative to getting a new motherboard. :)

Someone in my situation would probabally not feel safe even with the recovery mode, so this is a great (and hopefully less-expensive) alternative to getting a new motherboard. :)

Well, I've heard it will be going for around $75 USD. Therefore, I opted to hit eBay and got me a 1.5 mobo for only $65. :) But it might have been worth the extra $10, since you can re-use the PSP-Devolution. If I get bricked again, I'll have to rely on OE's recovery mode...

Well, I've heard it will be going for around $75 USD. Therefore, I opted to hit eBay and got me a 1.5 mobo for only $65. :P But it might have been worth the extra $10, since you can re-use the PSP-Devolution. If I get bricked again, I'll have to rely on OE's recovery mode...

Good to hear you'll be getting back on PSP horse soon :D .

Well, I've heard it will be going for around $75 USD. Therefore, I opted to hit eBay and got me a 1.5 mobo for only $65. :P But it might have been worth the extra $10, since you can re-use the PSP-Devolution. If I get bricked again, I'll have to rely on OE's recovery mode...

Good to hear you'll be getting back on PSP horse soon :D .

Yeah, it's been so long... you'll have to fill me in on everything that has happened since 3.03 OE-C. :(

UPDATE: Shipping of the PSP-Devolution has begun! There are two versions: One for TA-082 - TA-086 and one for TA-079 - TA-081. The price is, in fact, $75.

Stores that will be carrying the PSP-Devolution:

US + Canada: FoundMy, Modchip Central, XBox-Modchips

Italy: Hardstore

Spain: Futura-Online, Tomachip

Also, the installation instructions have been updated, programming software is available for downloading, and drivers are available.

http://psp-devolution.com/

Good thing I got outbid at the last second on that new mobo! I have now pre-ordered the TA-079 - TA-081 version for $75 USD + S&H.