(Bender)MAME(d)OX(128) [Platinum]... I'm totally confused...

Loki688

How can I make the "right" choice if I can't put all these versions in context? I've seen several Mame versions for the xbox but I can't make head or tail of all these versions/forks in relation to each other. In short I'm confused :P... Can anyone give me some info on what is what, where it's for, what niche it serves, core, front ends, outdated, based on, etc.

Here is what I found so far (please correct if wrong):

- MAMEdOX 1.5 (20051031)

- MAMEoX128 Plus (20060505)

- BenderMameOX HSFII Edition (20061223)

- MAMEoX v084.b3 (updated) (20040827)

- MAMEdOX Platinum v2 (???)

Some are based on MAMEoX v084.b3, others not(?)...

Please help me put all the xbox MAME versions in the right perspective so I (and others ofcourse :D) can make the "right" choice or combination xbox MAME version(s)...

Many thanks,

Loki

Hi

All this mame versions based on mameoX v.84b3.

The coders have coded for some mame versions special features,

(game-pictures,more memory support and so on.)

1.Mamedox

Its a mame emulation for Xbox,that witch contains roms that you can use only

with mamedox.

2.Mamedox Platinum2

Its a update from mamedox,with many roms that you can use only with mame-

dox Platinum2

3.MameoX128Plus

This Mame mame version support Xbox with 128MB&64MB memory

The coders have coded some special features(Mame history,game history and so on)

4.Bender MameoX HSFII Edition.

This is a special mame version for the game :

Hyper Street Fighter II The Anniversary Edition (Asia 040202 & Phoenix Edition)

5.Mameox v.84.b3

Its an old mameversion for xbox.

________________________________________________________________________________

_________

In my opinion..........

I have Mameox128 Plus on my box.

This version supports most of all roms(more than 5000 games)

But witch version you prefer is up to you.....

I think all versions have advantages and disadvantages ;)

mad.

Edited by mad

• 1 month later...

Back after a month vacation :blink:

Thank you guys for the good info! I searched xbins but can't find the versions (or new versions) you guys talk about!? Can someone push me in the right direction? :blink:

I'm sorry to be a n00b about this, but I'm trying to find my way around the xbox scene sinds I installed a SmartXX in my xbox three months ago (should have done that WAY earlier...)

TIA,

Loki

Back after a month vacation :D

Thank you guys for the good info! I searched xbins but can't find the versions (or new versions) you guys talk about!? Can someone push me in the right direction? :D

I'm sorry to be a n00b about this, but I'm trying to find my way around the xbox scene sinds I installed a SmartXX in my xbox three months ago (should have done that WAY earlier...)

TIA,

Loki

Ok, ok, I found MAMEoX128 Plus (20060505) on xbins :oops:

Finding MAMEdOX Platinum 2 was harder... Thanks to RastanX I found it on the emule/edonkey network... but boy, if you are used to torrents this is DOG SLOW this REALY SUCKS :regurg: so to spare others this frustration and over a week download! I made a torrent, it should appear in torrent search engines in an hour or so :santa:

Regards,

Loki

Edited by Loki688

Ok, ok, I found MAMEoX128 Plus (20060505) on xbins :santa:

Finding MAMEdOX Platinum 2 was harder... Thanks to RastanX I found it on the emule/edonkey network... but boy, if you are used to torrents this is DOG SLOW this REALY SUCKS :D so to spare others this frustration and over a week download! I made a torrent, it should appear in torrent search engines in an hour or so :regurg:

Regards,

Loki

Hey Dude,

Since you just get PlatinumV2, can you please try to open GREEN BERET, BAD-DUDES and ROBOCOP

and let me know if there are some kind of noticeable VSYNC (horizontal tearing) problems?

Please use on video:

LINEAR

LINEAR

NONE

FLICKER ZERO

Thanks!

G.

Since you just get PlatinumV2, can you please try to open GREEN BERET, BAD-DUDES and ROBOCOP

and let me know if there are some kind of noticeable VSYNC (horizontal tearing) problems?

Please use on video:

LINEAR

LINEAR

NONE

FLICKER ZERO

I have a xbox 1.6a, smartxx mod, X2 5035 bios, PAL 60Hz and have no problems running these games at those settings. Sometimes some small artifacts while side scrolling but nothing serious. (apart from the fact that I suck at these games :P )

Regards,

Loki