Is the Internet considered "Virtual Reality"?

Alpha

Whenever I speak of my real life outside of the Internet, I state it as "reality". But then does that mean that the Internet is "virtual reality"? We can read, talk, view, watch each other alll on the internet, so could it be considered "reality"?

What do you think? :thumbsup1:

I think it's somewhat accurate to call the internet a virtual reality. When I think of virtual reality, I think of being somewhere artificial through the use of computers (virtual environments, games, etc). A lot of the services provided through the internet could feel like the interactiveness of the real world (message boards, chat rooms, games). I guess it just depends on how you see it.

Of course the internet is a reality. You talk to real people of course unless you like talking to say bots on IM's or DC Hubs. You visit real sites made by real people. You watch videos though sometimes stupid as hell made my real people. Listen to music either streamed or uploaded by real people. The only virtual reality about it would be say playing games that are fantasy or action for an example, that are not real in a sense but give you the feeling that you are really there. So I say yes the internet is a REALITY.