Next Gen News

Mooney

For Wii: Sega confirms NiGHTS for Wii

Via SPOnG

For PS3: $100 price cut may be coming

via CNN

For 360: Black 360 with 120GB hard drive is coming

Via Kotaku

Speaking to representatives close to the project, we were told in no uncertain terms that a new NiGHTS game is about to be uncovered. NiGHTS will launch exclusively for the Nintendo Wii platform.

“Yes, there is a new NiGHTS coming, and coming quite soon actually,” we were told today by a representative close to the project who agreed to speak with us under terms of strict anonymity. “It's a full game too, not a rehash of old NiGHTS for Virtual Console as some have said it might be lately. It's a whole new game.”

Yuji Fujimori wrote in a note Tuesday that lowering the cost of the game console, which competes with Microsoft's (Charts) XBox 360 and Nintendo's (Charts) Wii, will not undermine the unit's long-term profitability.

The PS3, criticized by consumers and industry watchers for its high price, can cost up to $700, although the basic model retails for $499.

"The PS3 price has long been cited as high," Fujimori wrote, noting that cutting the price of game consoles has historically quadrupled volumes.

Always get an iffy feeling posting black Xbox 360 stories — Especially ones that pop up in April. Yes, we know that the debug unit is black. And yet, the rumor continues to surface. This month's Game Informer says that a black Xbox 360 with larger 120GB hard drive, HDMI output and an HDMI cable will retail for approximately US $479. It does not include HD-DVD playback. A well-placed source at Microsoft tells GI that the reason is because the "format's not proven." Then again, neither is this rumor. And if this is in fact an April Fool's Joke, we've got two words: Not funny.

Waste of money on the black 360 (Just release the damn hardrive, that not many need >.>), sony will still loose money with the price cut, so I'm not worried about it, and godamn it I need a Wii.

Nights ftw no doubts, and as for the PS3 Price cut, about damn time sony, you finally made the right choice ;) I'm not interested in a black 360, skins are always a good substitute but 120gb hmm.... I don't know, just think are we going to have original xbox games up for download in the marketplace (xbox live)? maybe that is useful but stuffing a 120gb with demos and small mini arcade games isn't a good investment.

In regards to the PS3 price cut, everyone saw that coming. Even though the Wii has the lowest graphic capabilities, it's price is probaly what kept it in second place in the race.

PS3, (w/o the the blueray) is jbasically a PS2.5; just new flashly graphics isnt enough espically since 360 had the same idea but at a cheaper price. ANd Wii giving a whole new style of gaming at even a cheaper price made it even worse.

Sony just screwed up with thier misconceptions on the Demand for the PS3, w/o paying attention to its rivals.

This is what, NON-SOny Fanatics who arent paid enough to buy one, were just waiting on.

Edited by Shoma

I'm still not paying for the PS3, the price doesn't merit what the available games.

For the longest time I was saying that it was too expensive, and everyone came back at me with "It's gonna have Blu-Ray!" After about a month, I had to actually look up what that meant. Having now done so, I can still say that it's not worth the money. Supposedly Sony added it in there so later on when Blu-Ray discs actually contain information worth paying for the PS3 will be ahead of the competition, but I don't think it was a very smart move on their part, not if they're losing money on the few sales they're getting.

PS3 was just released here today, for $999 !!!

It's so expensive that shops are offering loans so that you can afford to buy it! No interest till 2008 !

Why would I want to pay a grand for another black thing with the good parts missing?

1) Knew about it

2) Didn't care about it

3) Confirmed it about a month ago

Even with WoW, I'm stll the most informed :\