Warcraft: Tower Defense v0.4 beta

Mooney

I added quite a lot new features to both the editor & the game as you can see in these changelogs :

Game changelog:

- 04/02/2007 : v0.4 beta

————————

= PAFS version was broken in the last release, now it’s working again

= corrected the bug that prevented max towers bonus for first evolution to be applied at start

= corrected colors of selection circle, it looks better now

= fixed the animation bug when a monster is killed at spawn

= fixed sprite scrolling, now sprites are in phase with background while scrolling

+ updated the map editor, see its changelog for details

+ added a bunch of new features for maps, like small & transparent monsters, W3 damage style, choice for the colors used in the minimap for painting entities…

+ complete rewrite of the sprite engine, now sprites corruptions problems should be fixed

+ added a nice zoom effect when building/upgrading towers

+ added current window display on minimap

+ you can now scroll the map directly by dragging the window on the minimap

+ monsters are now hidden and no more over a tower when you build a tower over a dead one

+ added a flashing message when a new evolution is available and wasn’t before

+ you can now scroll maps in the map selection screen directly by touching the scroll bar

+ added the option to build tower by double-tapping

+ added the option to choose L/R to work as a switch and don’t need to be held

+ added the option to allow to build multiple towers at once

+ added the option to choose the position of the in-game build menu

+ added an option menu

+ added a Linux script for PAFS version

+ added multiple paths management (up to 4)

+ removed the 40 monsters spawn limit per rounds, now up to 256 monsters per path can be spawned in a round (but remember that only 40 can be active)

+ added stereo sound placement

+ updated & added some new maps (try the map Hellgate Keeper’s to the new features in action!)

+ added a new pathfinder, quite faster than the old one but less accurate

+ little optimizations here and there :)

Map Editor changelog :

- 18/02/2007 : v0.4

= corrected all tab indexes, now you can use the tab button to quickly switch between fields

= applied values restrictions to some fields for safety

+ added some fields to provide some informations concerning the author, how to contact

him and the current version of the map. These infos are not displayed in-game but it will be used later on my website.

+ added the “save preview image” button which does what its name says :unsure:

+ added the “W3 damage style” option, which change the damage behavior to a W3-like

(1 damage minimum is dealt instead of 0 when activated)

+ added multiple brush sizes, now it’s easier to paint large areas

+ added some templates of custom tilesets (thanks to Moe for sending me the great one he has done for Blizzard TD)

+ custom tileset is now embedded with the map

+ added the “transparent” parameter for monsters which makes them 50% transparent

+ added the “baby size” parameter for monsters which makes them 50% smaller

+ added the choice of the color set used with the minimap (for monsters display etc.)

+ added the possibility to create up to 4 paths for monsters

+ added some properties in the round tab to customize the spawn behavior when using multiple paths

+ removed the 40 monsters spawn limit per rounds, now up to 256 monsters per path can be spawned in a round

+ added the possibility to use a faster pathfinder instead of the regular one

Get it HERE

Haven't checked it. Is it good?

I can't say that I've played it, either. :unsure: Someone who likes Warcraft will have to tell us.

Haven't checked it. Is it good?

I can't say that I've played it, either. :unsure: Someone who likes Warcraft will have to tell us.

I saw this yesterday and was considering checking it out. If I do I'll let you know how it is.

Tower defense is a fun little gametype where you (if I remember correctly) build defenses and gain special powers while fighting waves and waves of enemies. It's no DoTA, but it's fun.

Tower defense is a fun little gametype where you (if I remember correctly) build defenses and gain special powers while fighting waves and waves of enemies. It's no DoTA, but it's fun.

But does it transcend well onto the DS?

Is there a DoTa version for the DS? :unsure:

I don't think so, no.

But does it transcend well onto the DS?

This is the question I want answered too. Based on screenshots I've seen, it doesn't seem to have the same flair as the original, but it still might be good.