WEEK 5 | Save 1Emulation from Carl's Weekly Destruction!

I'm just tired of reading depressing material all the time, man.

It's why I don't have any friends no more. All they wanted me to read was their depressing stuff, but that's why they're not in my life.

You need something funny. or just another hook

For example. I don't believe that a radio show would be the best to go about the social crisis here. Maybe an open rom discussion (but, illegal) or I don't know.

I mean, nobody really follows the progress of emulators anymore. And if they do, their comments are really empty and they lack the passion that was present say....two years ago when emulation was at its peak. You know? I don't believe that is something that can be revived.

I think this is all just a clever ruse for Gamecop to practice being a psychiatrist. I mean, what's with all these "deep" questions? :P

I beleive that everyone that wanted to know about Emulation, already just about has what they were looking for. At first, Emulation Seems like the best thing in the world because u can have every game you've ever Wanted. But the only time that it seems that there are so many games to play, is when you have to pay for them. But when u start downloading, its like there isnt enough games. I went on for 3 weeks and downloaded just about every Dreamcast game ive ever wanted and some, now i find myself barely Playing anymore. So Emulation has to extend to a Broad audience who dont know much about it.

I beleive that everyone that wanted to know about Emulation, already just about has what they were looking for. At first, Emulation Seems like the best thing in the world because u can have every game you've ever Wanted. But the only time that it seems that there are so many games to play, is when you have to pay for them. But when u start downloading, its like there isnt enough games. I went on for 3 weeks and downloaded just about every Dreamcast game ive ever wanted and some, now i find myself barely Playing anymore. So Emulation has to extend to a Broad audience who dont know much about it.

That's what happens when you spoil yourself in emulation. Of course, you owned all the dreamcast games you downloaded, but don't you agree it would have been better focusing on one game at a time?

That's what happens when you spoil yourself in emulation. Of course, you owned all the dreamcast games you downloaded, but don't you agree it would have been better focusing on one game at a time?

Of course. My Personal experience with Emulation was the transaction From Dial up to DSL. Just the fact that i COULD download DC games in one hour as compared to one week(Jet Set Radio) And that i could Download the Smaller games in a Bundle with every game, instead of finding them piece by piece was Mindblowing. So now i find myself not playing at all. Maybe Dial up Was better for me :P

EDIT: Yea GC, you totally sound like a Psychiatrist

Edited by GoRDoOnE

Sounds like you want more then you already have and can't be happy with what you have here already. Have you ever considered maybe there is no more out there to get and that the whole emulation thing is running dry.

Can't say emulation as a whole is dead because dcemu.co.uk is just killing it in visitors and interaction. They completely ignore emulators for the PC and strictly focus on emulators for other game systems and in the process have become one of the best sites for emulation.

There is nothing exciting anymore when it comes to emulators for the PC. There is no reason for people to discuss anything because it has already been discussed before.

Who knows maybe 1emulation already peaked and is now on the way down. I honestly can't give one great suggestion that would turn that around because not a lot of new quality people are getting into emulation and you can't really compete against other game sites. If thats where the focus is going to be (Emulation/Gaming) then this might be it for you.

Sounds like you want more then you already have and can't be happy with what you have here already. Have you ever considered maybe there is no more out there to get and that the whole emulation thing is running dry.

Can't say emulation as a whole is dead because dcemu.co.uk is just killing it in visitors and interaction. They completely ignore emulators for the PC and strictly focus on emulators for other game systems and in the process have become one of the best sites for emulation.

There is nothing exciting anymore when it comes to emulators for the PC. There is no reason for people to discuss anything because it has already been discussed before.

Who knows maybe 1emulation already peaked and is now on the way down. I honestly can't give one great suggestion that would turn that around because not a lot of new quality people are getting into emulation and you can't really compete against other game sites. If thats where the focus is going to be (Emulation/Gaming) then this might be it for you.

You're just about right. I am happy with 1Emulation's success, but at the same time, I find it unpleasurable how long it has took to get this far in the game. I would like to expand faster, but I've lost most of my patience in the process.

DCEmu's success has probably been the biggest shocker for just about any webmaster, including myself. Wraggster is just a machine with his news posting skills and he knows how to grab an audience that includes many new and inspiring emulator authors.

Emulator's for the PC are almost dead when it comes to popularity. Everybody's most watched PC emulator is probably PCSX2 at the moment. The only reason why it isn't bigger than it already is the FPS issue. And lastly, the GameCube, DreamCast, and XBOX emulators just don't update enough. Many of the projects get an update only 2-5 times a year. If they do update frequently, it's just not enough to gather a new breed of emulation fans.

So yes, you're right, the best option for the emulation scene is to NOT simply focus emulating on the personal computer, but other consoles. That's the next step, and all I can say is: I'm working on it. :P

If anything is for sure, this will be the year that I'll be working the hardest on 1Emulation's success. And if it doesn't prevail, then it can very well be the last.

Just remember (to all reading), I haven't given up yet. ;)