SNES Vs. GBA

Alpha

Man every new GBA game I see reminds me of the great SNES. I still like the SNES more though because you had more buttons to play with. However with GBA, you get 2 less buttons. I also think the SNES had a lot better games even though the GBA is still a rising star. I also can't see any "spectacular" games releasing for it or something. You got your Metroid Fusion, but these are all copies of SNES. It has no real new games that can really beat the SNES in my opinion.

Post your comments here. :?:)

I agree, the SNES by a huge margain.

Like you said the GBA was a huge mistake with only two buttons. I seriously don't understand the thinking behind that considering the SNES had 4 and they were planning to port a load of Snes titles...

The Snes also has a bigger library of quality titles than the GBA so that's why it is still my favourite :?

Edit: oh and before I forget, the one thing that moves the GBA a little closer to the Snes is the GBA Player for the Gamecube. It is great playing those GBA titles on the TV and they look so good too :)

the one thing that moves the GBA a little closer to the Snes is the GBA Player for the Gamecube.

That reminds me of the Super Nintendo: Game Boy Color porter. It was basically the same concept. You play it on your TV hehe.

Ahem! that would be the "Super Gameboy", I have one, and it doesn't make every game color. It adds color to monochrome games, but on an 8 color scale (I prefer to just leave em the original color, the crappy color given to games one knows as monochrome makes the game look pathetic).

As for which one is better? The SNES of course.

It has a larger screen, better graphics capabilities in it's hardware and better games.

The GBA doesn't look so hot off it's tiny little screen on a TV OR emulated fullscreen even with 2xSAI filtering. And 99% of it's good titles are re-hashed from SNES titles, which IMO they don't even count.

P.S. You are comparing apples and oranges.

Seems someone doesn't know his Nintendo hardware very well to have not known it's name. :)

the SNES is one of the greatest systems of all time the idea for the GbA player came directly from the super gameboy which i own. but one day some one will learn u need more than 2 main buttons on a portable player lol.im really anxious to see whatthe psp will bring to the table

Like you said the GBA was a huge mistake with only two buttons
hmm, have you used a GBA... it actually have 4 buttons - 2 shoulder. There is a great interview witht he designer of GBA in the latest Equip magazine which I would recommend for reading - very entertaining indeed.

Snes is superior in a very rose tinted way.

obviously GameCop has never used a *real* GBA before. GameCop also obviously has not done any GBA emulation lately :). The GBA is short two buttons compared to the SNES, the X and Y buttons. But Nintendo has found ways of getting rid of those button's functions, and it is also quite comfortable. As for the rest, the sound will never be as good as the SNES, although SNES did not have any speech as far as I can remember. GBA also has better graphics potential, housing a 32-bit cpu. The only true 3D I ever saw on the SNES is Starfox and Starfox 2 beta, and that wasn't great. The SNES houses a 16-bit cpu. But what really makes the system is the games. Yeah SNES is classic and all the games are being ported, but they improve the games when they decide to port them. And all that replay value that was found on the SNES is still there in the ports.

And one huge advantage that GBA has over the SNES is that it is portable. You can't expect a huge screen on something that is meant to fit in your pocket. All in all, I favor GBA.

3-d isn't always great. The really only thing 3-d beats 2-d is action, FPS, simulations, and....well almost everything :)

HOWEVER, 2-d still owns 3-d in fighting games

2-d Marvel vs Capcom and Capcom vs Snk 2 (Awesome Skill Games)

Vs

3-D Tekken and Virtual Fighter (Dumb Button Smashing Games)

:?

As for Snes not being portable:

SNES + Dreamcast = Owned!

I'm mostly a PSX and PC Fan so I'm not really sure since they ARE the same company :x

Snes is still better in my opinion 8)