Command & Conquer 3 DEMO

I downloaded it last night, and I have to say it's "pretty", but I don't really like it.

I'm a fan of the older games, and I HATE what EA did with Generals. While C&C 3 jumps back to the old feel a bit, it still doesn't feel right. Especially the default control scheme (Don't even know if you can change it, I didn't bother) where you have to select with left mouse and make actions with the right mouse button. I don't like that.

The game also doesn't have the feel I'd expect for a sequel to Tiberian Sun, it plays more like Generals but not entirely. I don't like the "Squad" crap either, I want to be able to strategically place individual units, and be able to control multiple units as one. If you select 2 Rifleman units, you can't make them "Dig In", quite a pain in the ass.

Given that I don't meet the minimum requirements for CPU (But everything else) it ran pretty well on my machine at low settings, and not too bad at medium. I tried Ultra detail just for eye candy viewing and I must say they put alot of detail in. Even the planes leave heat-trails behind them that distort things behind them.

can't really say if I like it or not, but I do know it feels like it's somewhat of a cross between Tiberian Sun/Generals in terms of gameplay and doesn't feel quite right to me. Maybe with some control changes and getting used to, I could enjoy it.

I haven't played it yet, but a friend of mine said that it was basically an amalgam of Tiberian Sun, Red Alert 2, and Generals.

Accurate description.

Demo doesn't let you play NOD. I was sad.

Only took an hour to download--had to find a website where I could get full speed on it though.

I haven't played it yet, but a friend of mine said that it was basically an amalgam of Tiberian Sun, Red Alert 2, and Generals.

Accurate description.

Only took an hour to download--had to find a website where I could get full speed on it though.

You can play as NOD in skirmish. To do it, click the drop down tab which is GDI by default. NOD and Scrin are greyed out. Move the cursor to NOD, press N on the keyboard, then click the greyed out NOD word. Your faction will change to NOD.

I like the demo and feel. I could definately see myself playing this game as much as I did with Generals (seriously, I played Generals more then RA2+Exp, which for me only lasted a month when it came out).

Now, I myself am not a fan of Generals, but I did have great battles in it.

With this, though, bring back more of the tradional key binds from RA2/TS, move the Super Weapon notice near the side bar and remove the squads.

Other then those irks, I am pretty satisfied what they did with the demo and hope they incorperate more UI changes. Squad based units, while an oddity, I find it is a welcome edition after playing Warhammer40k and Company of Heroes.

Also Cinder, the engine is like 7 years old, of course it will run on your machine.

Accurate description.

You can play as NOD in skirmish. To do it, click the drop down tab which is GDI by default. NOD and Scrin are greyed out. Move the cursor to NOD, press N on the keyboard, then click the greyed out NOD word. Your faction will change to NOD.

Why thank you! I will try that today!

I like the demo and feel. I could definately see myself playing this game as much as I did with Generals (seriously, I played Generals more then RA2+Exp, which for me only lasted a month when it came out).

Now, I myself am not a fan of Generals, but I did have great battles in it.

With this, though, bring back more of the tradional key binds from RA2/TS, move the Super Weapon notice near the side bar and remove the squads.

Other then those irks, I am pretty satisfied what they did with the demo and hope they incorperate more UI changes. Squad based units, while an oddity, I find it is a welcome edition after playing Warhammer40k and Company of Heroes.

Also Cinder, the engine is like 7 years old, of course it will run on your machine.

How in the hell is the engine like 7 years old? DX9 is a pre-requisite, if the engine was that old a DX7 card could handle it. If you think C&C3 uses the same engine Generals did, you are horribly mistaken. It's based on SAGE, but for the most part it's rewritten for their needs. And it's not 7 years old either........try 4.

Well if he wants specifics, SAGE engine was first used for Emperor: Battle for Dune, which was released sometime in 2000 I think. THEN it was updated for Generals.

I'm just saying the basic parts of it are old, of course I know it was rewritten.

Jeez dude =\