New DS Lite not working with WiFi lib?

Bleepblip

I have two systems: A regular, "phat" DS, and a DS Lite. Both are flashed with the latest FlashMe. Both DSes are configured with the same WFC settings. Both can connect to the Nintendo WFC just fine.

For testing purposes, I'm using a single SuperCard MiniSD, which I'm swapping between the two systems. I have wifi_lib_test.sc.nds on my Supercard. If I place the Supercard in my "phat" DS, the wifi lib test can connect to my AP without any issues. If I place the Supercard in my DS Lite, the wifi lib test cannot connect to the AP at all. It just hangs at "ASSOCSTATUS_SEARCHING".

I've tried connecting using the Nintendo WFC Data, Searching for an AP, and using Manual Configure, with the same results. I've tried using my WFC settings with both autoconfigure, and manually configured.

I've managed to get the wifi_lib_test to connect to my AP twice now, at random. Both times it was displaying the following on the top screen:

T:FFFFFFFFFFFF 0019FD5C8D3D 0806

Every other time that it does not connect, it displays the same message, but with "0800" at the end. Can anyone tell me how I can use this info to solve my connection woes? :D

• 2 weeks later...

> T:FFFFFFFFFFFF 0019FD5C8D3D 0806

That's your DS asking for an IP address ; 0019FD5C8D3D is it's MAC address.

There should be another line starting with R: followed by the same MAC and then the MAC of your DHCP server ... at least, that's what I get using wifi-lib-test.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I dunno... I connected just fine on my DS Lite with an R4 DS. Are you all using slot-2 cards?

Nope. I'm using an EZ-flash V (slot-1) and my ds lite can never find any access points, despite there being about 8 of them nearby.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have and older ds lite (i bought it about 2 weeks after they came out) and i'm having the same problems. dsftp 2.4.1 dosen't work, neither do most of the wifi homebrew for ds. lilou's cftp dosen't work for me, strangely enough dsorganize works fine, and the newest wifi_lib_test 0.3.1 works (but not any of the older ones). every function works as it should in the new wifi_lib_test. the date on that is may 27 2007. so it seems like they are making progress. but if i put my flashcart in my friends newer black dslite lilou's cftp works as it should (i haven't tried any other wifi homebrew but i suspect they all work). I have the magenta firmware on mine. i'm not sure what firmware my friends ds has though.

I've been reading in various threads in this forum about so called fixes for the wifi problems, but it seems like its all on the coding level, not something the end user can do. Most of all those threads are months old now and i wonder if anyone cares anymore. It dosen't seem like ds wifi lib is under any serious development. this forum is getting pretty stagnant too, so maybe ds homebrew is on its way out? shame, i just got my first flashcart 2 weeks ago.

does any one know of a way to flash my ds's firmware to an older/newer/ more compatable firmware? and I'm not talking about flashme. I mean the actual NDS firmware from different versions. I dunno, its just an idea. I mean when i can run a wifi homebrew on my ds, and have it not have any kind of wifi connectivity at all, and then take the SAME flashcart and put it in another ds and run the SAME software with the SAME configuration and everything connects smoothly with NO problems (i.e. - THE WIFI WORKS PERFECTLY), then there has to be something conflicting. I dunno...i guess i'm used to the xbox scene, where the hardware wasnt' always identical throughout the various versions, but damn at least all the homebrew ran as intendend on any xbox...

ok sorry about the rant/cynicism. I still love the homebrew developers though :huh: