MAME32 Plus! Plus! problem

Vegeta

I just found out about the awesome mameppk build which utilizes Zincs plugins to render the 3D for PSX based games like Tekken, SFEX2 etc.

The problem is none of the plugins seem to work. When I load a game its displayed by MAMEs internal software renderer or I just get a black screen. The sound plugin seems to be working fine.

I even changed the following settings in the mame.ini to

use_gpu_plugin 1

use_spu_plugin 1

Anyone know how to fix this?

I downloaded the emulator (v0.112u2) here: http://ddememame.hp.infoseek.co.jp/

Thanks!

Edited by Vegeta

• 2 weeks later...

You must first make sure you have a plugins folder in your mame directory and have the zinc plugins in there. You can get them from the Zinc website or Pete's GPU site. Then right click on your roms and select properties for zinc. Select the PSX plugins option and then you click on enable gpu plugins. This should work.

I tried it with BraveBlade and it worked. And yes the music ingame works too. Unfortunately according to the translated website: At the time of PSX plug in use the indication of UI is not visible.

Which probably means you cannot configure the plugins but it worked fine for me.

Now before you thank me for the fix, I should thank you for finding it. I have been looking for months to find a MAME which supported H\A for psx games so Thank you and good luck.

Thanks, I got it working and glad I could share the link to this amazing MAME build.

Still, it doesn't seem to work properly fullscreen, it doesn't fill the screen properly but it does work in a window.

Have you got it to work properly fullscreen?

• 1 year later...