WTF: Super Nintendo outselling Playstation 3!

Alpha

sneswinzwc9.jpg

Amidst the usual video game champions on Amazon's Best Sellers List: Video Games, you might find something out of the ordinary. If you head south to around number 17, you'll see what I mean.

It appears that everyone's old video game flame known as the SNES is outselling Sony's Playstation 3 on Amazon.com. Wonder why? Here's my take:

* People aren't that interested in PS3s.

* Virtual Console games are giving people major cases of nostalgia.

* People are so frantic for the Wii that they'll get their hands on the closest thing.

* Someone is throwing a Mario Kart tourney and ordered a metric ton of units.

* Hell has frozen over.

In all seriousness though, this probably has more to do with the fact that there are ten times as many used, yellow-tinted SNES consoles floating around, but still an interesting sight nevertheless. – Alexander Yoon

Note: The list has been updated, and the PS3 has dropped to number 20, now behind Guitar Hero II and Oblivion.

Note pt. deux: The SNES/FC Twin monster is on its way to cracking the top ten and is hot on the tails of the Xbox 360. If it gets up there, then we officially live in Upside-Down Land.

»» Source: Gizmodo

Still got mine and bought lots of games when video rental places decided not to rent them anymore back in the dark ages. I did buy a PS3 but sold it on ebay for a song. I would never ever I repeat ever pay 6 bills for a console system.

I got a ps3 for $450 from a friend. Thought it was a good deal so i picked one up. Yeah the ps3 isn't selling so well right now. i hope that changes soon. Hoping to get a wii when more games come out for it. Would like to see how well it does before i buy one.

I actually bought a Wii and got to say it is the best gaming system out there now. Doesn't cost a arm and leg and gets you really into the games. Getting out of the chair/sofa to interact is a plus for me at least.