What age will you grow out of gaming?

Alpha

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never thought it would happen, but sadly it did :( . I don't even really know when or why. When I was still in school - there were only 3 things that I did - 2 of them I did because I was forced to ( namely school and sleep ) the rest of the time I just played games. These days I find myself playing less and less games - and then only on certain days and for a hour at most at random. I mostly play KOF or Old genesis games these days.

I lost interest a few years back when the Dreamcast was still alive. I used to love deep games which I could get lost in eg Settlers, FFxx and basically any Zelda-esque RPG. Past few years I have just been playing in fits and starts, probably why I now almost exclusively play shooters/shmups. A quick burst, a rush, but no long term commitment to levelling-up or dungeon crawling. Perfect!

Hm. I love "quick burst" games, like shooters, shmups and fighters. In contrast, I also love those RPGs that take a long time to finish.

Ex-Clover Studio, now SEEDS are gods.

yeah id have to agree, I love deep games with great storylines, i think the problem is we dont see very many of them anymore.

MGS4 though, man i have to play it

I agree, these games just draw you in. Especially games where there is so much to do, but its not just stupid pointless tasks that do nothing for you but that give you a sense of satisfaction upon completing them :(

Oh and twitch shooters, I like those too, raw speed and accuracy/skill is all that matters

anyone for some Quake 3? hehe

Sure, but I haven't played in ages.

I have no idea if my future will contain games or not, however I will know that I enjoyed most of my childhood enjoying such games.

-Shoma Wisdom-

I hope i'm not exceeding the limit of ....7 days post.(Gotta post when i can.)

ANyway, I think that it's just the basic nature of human beings, if you ravel yourself in something for a long time you know it so well that any feeble attempt to excite it, fails.

For example, my friend cheated on his gf, she was hot and they ALWAYS did EVERYTHING together. Even he couldnt explain it, but once they broke up, he was all punkish again wanting her back. Thats why most true gamers resort back to the old games, simply because no one tries to makes games like they used to.

The only exception is if the gamer has a broad view on games, meaning he/she likes a variety of genres. A FPS gamer should be gettin bored of games right about.....last year. So either chill on playin games or find diffrent ones, or.... just become like your dad.

Edited by Shoma