How would you boost 1Emulation's forum/site activity?

Alpha

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sites like myspace, youtube, digg are the current trend. Old news portals are seeing a downard trend in visitors and interaction as more and more people are going to these other types sites because they can participate and be a part of the sites overall success.

If you are serious about taking the site to a new level then a lot of work will need to be done and a lot changes. This may or may not be what the current community wants or is ready for. Just some things you will need to weigh.

So my overall suggestion would be to keep the general focus on emulation and gaming but to expand on the interaction side of things and allow your community to be a bigger part of the overall site.

Damn fine post, chief.

I'd still like to see a site with reviews of all (!) the games of an emulated system.

But to achieve such thing you need a strong community.

Depending on the webspace, people could upload vids of their game successes or something.

The myspace thingy is nothing i would take into consideration, at least not let them 'try' to build a 'website' here.

And yes, the site needs a redesign with something different than black. I use the default template all the time as the black one is hard to read. But thats just me

Edited by Madman

I would screw the entire attack system, its boring for the oldbies, no way for newbies to get started with it, and it blews the room needed for a friggin' one liner to fill my entire browserscreen on 1280x1024.

Seriously, if noone had invented the scrollwheel by now...

But i think i mentioned that 2 years ago :rolleyes:

Edit: Just had an idea, if you people love to fight, set up some kaillera server and have some league

Edited by Madman

Edit: Just had an idea, if you people love to fight, set up some kaillera server and have some league

We DO have a kaillera server, but unfortunately it is almost never up. :rolleyes: Give Sturmy a shout and he'll put it up for ya... and don't even ASK about the location of the server. :unsure:

We DO have a kaillera server, but unfortunately it is almost never up. :) Give Sturmy a shout and he'll put it up for ya... and don't even ASK about the location of the server. :ph34r:

The kaillera server has usually been up everday since I started hosting it. I usually put it up when i get home (4 or 5pm), although since then, there has been little action aside from, Mooney, Diso, megaman zer0 and I.

I say, GameCop appoints me as the go-to guy about any problem or concern IN LIFE!

ANywho i suggest the officals create a, "ASk ShOma" section!

Whether the pioneers would take it seroiusly or not, is out of my hand.

Despite my jestering dispotion, i am well aware of the countless tribulations that plague our mind, body and hearts. I believe that such a task is well adept for me and would not argue to a--how do you say, "side-kick" to accomidate me on such an worthy cause for 1EMU...........YOSHA!!!

Also sugeest debate subjects in the emu or online world. (leechers, anime, new consoles, and rumors, etc.)

Two sides who MUST have a plausible point in thier opionon and not just, "um...i think so too".

Edited by Shoma