How would you boost 1Emulation's forum/site activity?

Alpha

So it's no secret that this place has been dying of posting activity. The staff is working on more impressive reviews for 1Emulation, but we need more. What would make you post more on 1Emulation and get more members joining this prestigious place? We've had about a thousand threads like this in the past, but this time I want you think.

Right now --- some insider information to 1Emulation ...

Now in 2007, we are hitting in the double digits (99 and below) in posts per day (everyday).

Back in 2006, we were hitting the triple digits (100+) almost every other day.

Back in 2005, we were hitting triple digits (100+) everyday.

Back in 2004, we were hitting 250-400 posts per day.

Back in 2003, we were hitting the double digits (99 and below) in posts per day.

Back in 2002, we were hitting the double digits (99 and below) in posts per day.

At the rate we're going, it won't be pretty. Got any ideas to offer to us? If it's too good to be in this thread, PM it to me. Otherwise, this place is not going to get any better.

Don't get me wrong, we still get a lot of visiters. We've already had over 2 million hits this month (entire 1emulation.com domain -- including subdomains). However, we need more, and a lot more.

No longer will I tell you a shutdown or death to 1Emulation is on its way. BUT, if it seems like ants are crawling this place and nothing is going on, don't be surprised.

Anyway, I just wanted you all to see what I see for a change. :P

Please post some "constructive" replies that can actually help us in some way or another.

Warning: I don't want to see posts that say "emulation activity is just dying" ... this place can cover anything gaming!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I plan on writing quite a few tutorials (For NDS, mainly), which I hope will bring some new faces to this site. Considering the amount of requests for help I've received all over the net, more than a few people should show up. The only problem then is to figure out how to convince them to join... :P

You'd have to remember back in the days, we still had new neogeo games coming out, and people were really interested in finding out how to play them, hence the extra posts. So when it passed by, we can't really be surprised that the post rate goes down either.

Otherwise, just have to be active and such with topics. I'm not sure how we're going advertising wise but meh.

You'd have to remember back in the days, we still had new neogeo games coming out, and people were really interested in finding out how to play them, hence the extra posts. So when it passed by, we can't really be surprised that the post rate goes down either.

Otherwise, just have to be active and such with topics. I'm not sure how we're going advertising wise but meh.

That would go under the "emulation is no longer active" category. Like I said, we can cover anything gaming, not just neogeo. Sure, that had a big part in the post count decrease, but we should be able to find other interest creating categories of gaming. That's what we need ideas for, a site that covers all gaming, which should be 1Emulation.

Don't get me wrong, we still get a lot of visiters. We've already had over 2 million hits this month (entire 1emulation.com domain -- including subdomains). However, we need more, and a lot more.

Really I would like to help out, years ago I have started to get out of the gaming habits. I got out of that habit since I have been working hard at College. However I do have a couple of ideas, that could help bring in more visitors.

1. If you use e-mail so often, promote 1emu using the signature.

2. If you're good with graphics and words, makes some flyers, go to a rental store and put the flyers in each DVD case that is mark with Xbox, PS2, Wii, etc… etc…

3. Word of mouth, practically talking to someone about this site.

These are just few ideas, but I think number 2 is just crazy. :huh:

Gaming music and music in general. We should have a forum just for gaming music and too talk about it and music in general. Music is the and has always been a big topic on the internet. Maybe even have music reviews for gaming and in general. I would be more then ok to give some reviews. :huh: