How would you boost 1Emulation's forum/site activity?

Alpha

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

correct

I was talking in an earlier post about a few years back when 1emu had it's own DC hubs, 6 or so IIRC. But then the whole filesharing thing was deemed unacceptable and as having a negative impact on the site's 'legitimate' emulation credentials. I do agree on more IRC activity though.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll throw down on the table what GoRDoOnE brought up.

We need Next-Gen (Or rather current now) forums. We also need to clean up the index page clutter. Get rid of the damn individual forum display and go with Corporate Parent Forums. I'm so sick of having to scroll 100 miles to get to the bottom of the page that I don't bother anymore, and NO I don't want to minimize any of the CATS. I'm sure alot would agree with me on this one.

Nintendo

• NES
  • SNES
  • Gameboy/Gameboy Advance
  • Gamecube
  • DS
  • Wii

et al

I'll throw down on the table what GoRDoOnE brought up.

We need Next-Gen (Or rather current now) forums. We also need to clean up the index page clutter. Get rid of the damn individual forum display and go with Corporate Parent Forums. I'm so sick of having to scroll 100 miles to get to the bottom of the page that I don't bother anymore, and NO I don't want to minimize any of the CATS. I'm sure alot would agree with me on this one.

Nintendo

• NES
  • SNES
  • Gameboy/Gameboy Advance
  • Gamecube
  • DS
  • Wii

et al

Thanx for This, i was going to do it, but GC didnt seem to like it very much.

Since we entered that partnership thing with the DS flashcard company, you could place those topics in a members-only (to view), with a 1-post requirement to view (so they at least post in the "Hi" thread or something). This makes more members, more posts, and gives an incentive for them to actually be active.

• 2 weeks later...

So, this is my first post on 1emu in about a year. Hi, everyone.

The main reason I stopped posting and regularly visiting the site is the same reason the site traffic is going downhill: The emulation scene is dying.

I first came here when Chankast was released. The dreamcast scene was in full swing, and 1emu was one of the main sites for it. However, since then, the emulation scene has declined. With most of the older systems fairly perfected in emulation, there simply aren't enough developments happening to support a lot of posts.

There's no easy way to fix things and magically bring in lots of traffic. I see two routes for the site. First, accept the fact that emulation has a much smaller audience than it used to, and just try to be the best emu site out there to attract that niche market. I'd start by making a more presentable portal page. The current one is just an outgrowth of the forum. It should be the other way around. While I wouldn't suggest outright copying a successful site (like say, qj.net), I would at least try and make it a bit more Web 2.0. A nice new non bboard based design for the entry page could go a long way to snaring repeat customers whenever the site gets digged.

Another option would be to try something radical to reinvigorate the emulation scene. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to practically do this. Without new systems being emulated, there's not much to bring new users to the scene. Maybe start a prize fund for the first person to get X system or game emulated or something? Or more realistically, a prize for homebrew development for emulated systems?

Myself, I'm back because I recently bought a PSP, and it has an active homebrew/emulation scene going on. So I'll hang around and see if I can't answer some PSP questions from time-to-time.

Incase you're all wondering why I haven't posted in this thread yet, I have been busy searching for ideas myself. However, I've read many of your comments, and I appreciate all the time and effort everyone has took to think them out. I'll soon be replying to everyones ideas starting this weekend. Thank you all, it means a lot! :P

P.S. If you still have ideas, feel free to continue posting them.

• 2 weeks later...
How many posts do i have to post to play the games?

welcome..

the answer is 35 posts http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12607 - hmm maybe I should re-sticky it).

Please in the future, keep questions that doesn't related to threads like this to a seperate new thread. This thread was meant for ideas and brainstorming related to ways of improving this site.