[2/15/07] GameTap(.com)

I tested this on two PCs

Specs of other PC:

Core2Duo OCed 3.3GHz

2GB DDR2-800RAM

X1950XTX video card

SATA HDDs and the like

I wouldnt say the games didnt work if i didnt test it on a decent PC, Nice theory, But you lose, Dont biatch at me, Im not in the mood. I didnt even bother to read the 9 paragraphs of crap you posted.

I didnt put the Digg link in there either asshat. Know your crap before you open your mouth, I dont even know where your getting this information about what games i decided to play. A friend of mine is a subscriber to the service and i tried it out at his house on his PC as well. I no doubt had an adequate testing environment.

The service sucks. Period. No this was NOT meant to be any type of professional review, nor is this meant to be a professional response. So ill finish with an unprofessional closing.

Blow me asshole.

P.S. If you know all this information about the PC i was on, and what games where played, Do you work for gametap? Does gametap collect this kind of information from its users normally?

Sounds like GameTap is a little too spyware-like for my liking, Another reason not to subscribe to the crap service

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tested this on two PCs

Specs of other PC:

Core2Duo OCed 3.3GHz

2GB DDR2-800RAM

X1950XTX video card

SATA HDDs and the like

I wouldnt say the games didnt work if i didnt test it on a decent PC, Nice theory, But you lose, Dont biatch at me, Im not in the mood. I didnt even bother to read the 9 paragraphs of crap you posted.

I didnt put the Digg link in there either asshat. Know your crap before you open your mouth, I dont even know where your getting this information about what games i decided to play. A friend of mine is a subscriber to the service and i tried it out at his house on his PC as well. I no doubt had an adequate testing environment.

The service sucks. Period. No this was NOT meant to be any type of professional review, nor is this meant to be a professional response. So ill finish with an unprofessional closing.

Blow me asshole.

P.S. If you know all this information about the PC i was on, and what games where played, Do you work for gametap? Does gametap collect this kind of information from its users normally?

Sounds like GameTap is a little too spyware-like for my liking, Another reason not to subscribe to the crap service

Co-Sign

If it sucks, it sucks. We shouldnt have to hear a watered down review just so that some people can feel comforted. While ive never tried Gametap, i respect Shiba's opinion here and it has been backed up by others PLENTY of times.

It has always looked and sounded like it blows. AphexMandelbrot sounds like an angry Slashdotter or something -- hey, he made awesome points... but the fact is... the crap blows. I can't imagine they're doing too well for their "target demographic". Who the flock buys a modern PC (to meet these asinine requirements) for gaming only to use GameTap... probably not a lot of f'n people. Most people who have crazy awesome hardware won't be the "target demographic"... and who the f**k is the target anyway? Jackasses? Suckers? People who want to pay $10/month for crap?

It has always looked and sounded like it blows. AphexMandelbrot sounds like an angry Slashdotter or something -- hey, he made awesome points... but the fact is... the crap blows. I can't imagine they're doing too well for their "target demographic". Who the flock buys a modern PC (to meet these asinine requirements) for gaming only to use GameTap... probably not a lot of f'n people. Most people who have crazy awesome hardware won't be the "target demographic"... and who the f**k is the target anyway? Jackasses? Suckers? People who want to pay $10/month for crap?

Yup, people who Buy Modern PC's or build it themselves OBVIOUSLY have an extensive knowledge on whats out there for free(emulation) as opposed to Gametap.

Edited by GoRDoOnE

This product is aimed at idiots and those with kids and no time (if you have kids and no time for them I consider you an idiot but others might feel sympathetic).

So overall, if you have a brain (this comment is aimed at assholes with more time on there hand. *cough*Idiots with extensive knowledge of the English language who feel they can bash anyone on the internet but when it comes to real life can't say crap to someone half there size*cough* Also known to be smart asses) you'd probably say the same thing shiba said, and really all shiba said was, "This piece of sh!t needs to be forced back into the asshole it came from", or in much more calm words, "This sucks".

• 3 months later...

funny review :rolleyes: and Yes I'm also very puzzled as to how did Aphexmandleburp get this kind of information. it's also interesting to note how this is his first post. he's probably that Carl guy who canceled your account and then did a google search with your name on it. I call bullshit spyware on GameTRAP... It's also interesting to note that apparently the target demographic is people with no knowledge of emulators and idiots...

• 3 months later...

I used to have Gametap back when it first launched, I had multiple problems with downloading and video problems, but the games ran just fine and I had no problems with crashing, but back then it had a lackluster selection and no way to tell what you were getting before you bought it, it was a meh service overall.

As far as your review goes, I think it was a little extreme, and it has enough good games to justify the price tag (Overlord, Myst, etc...), but it could use a little help on the software end.