WTF?

Metaman

So...

Is this DS2Key software reserved for computer geeks only or is someone gonna clue me in as to how to actually install, set-up and use it properly?

I'm just a little old DS gamer who happens to own a Supercard and thinks this DS2Key sounds really cool. If I am somehow missing some COMPLETELY OBVIOUS DS2Key set-up instruction page on this site/forum then please feel free to point me in the right direction!

Please step out of the "members only club" for a second and give a hand to someone who is getting seriously frustrated over the fact that he can't find some simple instructions on how to set up and use what seems like a really good piece of DS software!

Anyone!

What do I have to do here?

Ok,

I have tried to use the rough English translation on Google guiding you on how to set this DS2Key software up properly.

So far I have PPJoy installed and the button options are set as directed.

I have the Ds2Key.sc.nds file on my DS card and I have input the various settings as directed, although I am not sure if I have put in the correct IP adress details. I just checked my IP addresss via an online site and entered that number on the edit screen for the DS2Key software.

Now when I tap the "Mouse" button on the DS2Key software I can move the stylus over the DS screen and it shows number values changing. When I press the "light" button it turns off the light. When I press the other DS buttons it shows values changing on the screen.

When I try to open up and emulator however and find some way of making it recognixe the DS as a controller it does not recognise me pressing the buttons on the DS and I have no idea what to do next.

I am supposed to have software other than the DS2Key and the emulator open at this stage? Are things supposed to obviously sync up etc?

What stage am I missing out?

Cheers.

Edited by Metaman

• 3 weeks later...

So with the new 0.6 version, are you not supposed to run the server batch file and just run PPJoy?

If you still have to run the batch file, well there isn't one included in the release, so I created my own batch file with:

DS2Key.exe 192.168.1.1 9501 30 48 45 21 38 19 28 14 200 208 203 205

but the IP address still says 0.0.0.0