Why you shouldn't touch Vista

Robert

But, if we don't want the extra stuff we should be able to safely remove it, and get back some performance.

Considering how much the OS costs that would be silly to do . If you do not want the extra stuff maybe buy ( Use ) Vista home basic .

I am sure your current PC should handle Vista with no problem ( My PC runs it with no problems and its older ) . Plus I am sure you will know how to tweak the OS if need be .

My PC is used for more than just games and what Vista has to offer is just what I need . But if your stuck with the old ways of thinking then Vista is not for you ..

If you just want the PC just for games then I suggest a game console .

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shouldn't have to buy a stripped down DUMBASS version to have features removed. I am a POWER USER, unlike the masses, I don't need all those rediculous retard features for the computer illiterate. I should be able to have the features I want, and not have the ones I don't.

That, is my point.

If it wasn't for games, "Windows" wouldn't even be in my vocabulary, as I'd be 100% a Linux user.

Big Brother Microsoft is WATCHING YOU! Seriously, WinXP is the system for me at this point.

"Your music is questionable. You don't want it anymore."

"Yes I do, don't delete it!"

"Too late, and now your itunes doesn't work either."

for me the whole if it isnt broke dont fix it thing applies.

I can live with using 3rd party apps (as they usually work better anyways) on winXP and enjoy the faster performance in some cases for now. I don't really need Vista so why bother? Eventually there will be some service packs and updates and things that hopefully fix all the problems and eventually ill probably get it, but as of right now theres really no rush/need for anyone to have it.

and yeah i would run Linux too if it weren't for the games. I don't know my way around Linux nearly as well as i do windows, but when using it, everything is much faster at least.

I'm also a power user, and i don't like all the bloat in Vista, I don't even like the bloat in XP, im one of those people that stuck with Windows 2000 Pro for a longass time. Whenever i do an XP installation the first thing i do is start tweaking and stripping things out of it. I like everything tuned to be as minimalistic/efficient/as fast as possible. I hate wizards and popup balloons and flying icons and fancy window effects. Even if it doesnt slow the system down, it slows me down, because i have to wait for some stupid animation to finish before i can do anything. But maybe im just really impatient. Sometimes i feel like i can't use any computer other than my own because i hate waiting for other peoples stupid slow computers. (AKA Public computers/some of my friends, not that many people i know have fast PCs, i think im the only person i know personally who has a Core 2 Duo even besides one of my teachers who has the lowest end one in his tablet PC)

• 1 month later...
I recommend that if anyone wants to have Vista, they should install it as a partition and not the main OS

Or not at all. I mean why bother? After you've played with all the widgets n sh.t that were there in the betas and RCs theres really nothing to be had in Vista now. The first wrapper for DX10 even came out the other day.

Alot used to biatch about XP when it first came out. Now there doing it with Vista.

And it will happen when the next OS released.

I used XP from release day and found nothing wrong with it.

I am now useing Vista and so far it works fine.

Being a power user is about knowing how to run your OS smoothly. If your worried about the so called bloatware then I suggest you go back to useing an old PC with windows 3.11.

I recommend that if anyone wants to have Vista, they should install it as a partition and not the main OS

Or not at all. I mean why bother? After you've played with all the widgets n sh.t that were there in the betas and RCs theres really nothing to be had in Vista now. The first wrapper for DX10 even came out the other day.

I have a very godly processor.

I can have as much bloatware or anything.

and why not? If they can get it free no harm at all.

I have a very godly processor.

I can have as much bloatware or anything.

and why not? If they can get it free no harm at all.

Gee let's not brag about our systems at all.

You'd better have the godly RAM to match your godly processor though since that harmless bloatware will be filling up quite a bit of it.