Why you shouldn't touch Vista

Robert

I certainly won't be installing Vista for a long time. I have yet to hear a really positive review of it. Most are just mildly positive like "It has a snazzy new interface" (which I didn't like very much since it's way too much clutter).

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah really if i pay for an OS and a computer i have the right to break it.

BTW there is already a heavily stripped down version of Vista going around bittorrent with supposedly all the extra crap removed. (it even has the aero-glass thing stripped out, its supposed to be pretty efficient and alot better)

yeah really if i pay for an OS and a computer i have the right to break it.

BTW there is already a heavily stripped down version of Vista going around bittorrent with supposedly all the extra crap removed. (it even has the aero-glass thing stripped out, its supposed to be pretty efficient and alot better)

You mean the version of Vista that should have, been released?

but in the short run (i.e. about the next 6-8 months) will not having dx10 really mean anything? I mean the new games coming out that are dx10 games also support dx9 ...

Yeah, in the short run it's fine. And if the majority of people are still on DX9 in the long term, game developers will have no choice but to support DX9 too. They'd rather appeal to a broader customer base than appeal to Microsoft (which MS does not like of course). I doubt we'll see DX10 ONLY games for quite a while but plenty of games that have DX10 as an addition either by inclusion at release or patch.

It just seems like MS released an OS that's not that great or important to upgrade to.

All Bill Gates wants to do is keep his patent on Windows that's the only reason he's made Vista. I say burn him at the stake for all the crap he's put us through. We have the right to make copies and to use the software that we spend our hard earned money for and he's helping to take those rights away while still being a greedy sob and keeping all the real profits for himself.

I wish I had the time, focus, discipline, and reason to learn any form of BSD or Linux.

Yeah me too.

Anyways, if they took the postive new security features and implmented them into XP, life would be grand.