I read the Step by Step To burning Dreamcast games thread by Magnis. But those steps seem to be outdated. Whn i follow, the Steps Just dont add up. So i couldnt burn it, then i found that its really easy to Burn CDI files. But i have an NRG file for MDK2. Is there something that can convert this file into a CDI file??

To burn any DC game, Just use Alcohol 120% and burn in RAW/DAO mode.

as for speed burn at half of what the rated speed of the disc is. But ive never really had a problem burning at max speed.

Ive wasted 5+ CD's on trying with the NRG file. And i burn at the slowest Speed in RAW/DAO. But It always tells me something went wrong and i have to do it over again. But that doesnt happen with CDI files. So is there a way to convert the NRG to CDI??

yes theres an app called NRG2CDI or something like that.

Your image might be corrupt though thats weird. Id give it a shot anyway though.

Also make sure overburning is enabled (although it should be automatic anyway)

No the Image is good, i play it on Chankast. I Just got a Dreamcast tho so i want to play it there.

Where would i Find the Overburning Option???

everything seems right but just enable overburn. but when you are burning, do not rectify sub-channel data,

RAW-DOA.

and uncheck "Dont close the last session of current disk."

if these are your settings, then it might be something else.

Check the disk you already burned, do they contain all the files from the image?

And continue to burn at the slowest speed.

Or maybe simulate the process before doing the actual burning.

if it still fails, then its something wrong with your PC.

Most games I've downloaded have been NRG, and I've only had a problem maybe a couple times. This has been caused by an improper CDI > NRG conversion, or something along the lines of a corrupted image.

Can you take a look at disc details? I only use Nero, so I don't know how you do so in A120%.

Check and make sure of these things.

1: That there is nothing wrong with ANY of the tracks. No "?" beside track size or any other errors etc

2: That there is TWO sessions. No game is selfbooting unless there are 2 sessions. Data/Data or Audio/Data. Games with CDDA audio will have Data/Data+Audio or Audio/Data+Audio. If theres only 1 session, you'll need to rip to ISO or Bin/Cue and use Bin2Boot to create yourself an image, though this isn't always foolproof.

If you've played it in Chankast, #2 is already true I would imagine. So be sure of #1. Oh and I've NEVER run into a Dreamcast image I've had to overburn, and my US collection is almost complete.

Oh and don't listen to the "Burn at lowest speed" bullshit. Lower burn speeds cause HIGHER PI/PO errors, this is an "Urban Legend" and is the most untrue rumour circulating the internet with regards to burning. Check CDFreaks and other places if you don't believe me, Google it. STOP CIRCULATING THIS BULLSHIT RUMOUR PLEASE!