PC RPGs

Shibathedog

i think the store he bought it from was dumb or something and let him do it anyway, or didnt realize he was exchanging it for a different game.

but okay yeah ill try guild wars it does look really cool. Does it require a beefy PC to run? beacuse i still havent ordered my new video card yet (other than that i have 1GB of DDR2-800 and a core 2 duo)

those other RPGs too, fallout looks really cool, isnt there supposed to be a new one coming eventually or something?

I pretty much lost interest in fable already, i dont really get what the big deal was.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own both WoW and GW. WoW is highly addictive and supports a vibrant world. The same could be said about Guild Wars BUT there is a huge drawback to the no-monthly fee thingy.

First off, Guilds Wars is only half-MMORPG as I'd like to point out. It is more of a regular RPG induced with online steroids.

Let me explain: the "lore/story/rpg" part of the game is quite frankly singleplayer for the most part. When you enter a specific zone other then cities, that zone has been loaded for you and you only. You CANNOT meet other players at all when in that specific zone. The only way to do this is to head to cities and form a party. While in a party a zone will be loaded for the all the players currently in the party instead of just yourself. As you can expect this severely cuts the "populated world" feeling.

The very big advantage to this though is that you are not playing on a specific server when playing Guild Wars. A city is divided into "online districts" and you are placed in the closest district available to you bandwidth wise. What's the advantage in that you ask? The answer is: The

International District. When entering this district you can meet anyone playing Guild Wars from any part of the world. ANY! This means I could play with Drakey no problemo even though I live in Europe.

Other then that Guild Wars has a superb storyline without having the advantage of a previously well-established world like WoW has. The music is very good and is composed by award winner Jeremy Soule.

I am pretty much a GW noob as WoW takes up most of my time and when I do have some spare time I devote it to my PSP, and will probably split it with my future black NDS lite.

Regarding WoW I can say it's well worth it as I've played it since launch. However there is great misbalance among the classes in this game and if you're planning on having fun I would advise against playing as a Paladin, I myself having leveled 2 to level 60 (the previous maximum before the addon hit). The reason is there is simply no fun to be had with a plate-wearing 2handed hammer wielding PRIEST. The 2 most overpowered classes currently are Warlocks, capable of turning each and every other class to dust with ease, and the Shamans, which contrary to the popular belief that Shamans are healers and offensive magic casters, will actually come swinging 2 axes at you wearing the second best armor class in the game, tearing you apart in less then 5 seconds. Warriors are treaded like crap and the game has been given the monicker by fans "World of Castercraft" due to the obvious superiority of magical classes. The game is also balanced around getting the best items you can, instead of learning your class and bettering yourself with what you have. A complete noobcake wearing epic equipment will tear the best of players down in under seconds. You can blame all this on Tom Chilton a.k.a. Kalgan, the lead game designer. He's also the one who screwed the Ultima Online expansion.

However World of Warcraft is the best MMORPG currently available according to its huge community base and biggest sales of all time.

While it does not have 300 skills per class like Guild Wars has (which I find

overwhelming however it does tip the scales more towards skill then equipment) each class is relatively enjoyable, some more then others as I have said.

However I do have the urge to buy the 2 Guild Wars addons but I cannot find the time to play them currently as I have a very full year.

Regarding regular RPGs the recent Oblivion seems like a great choice as well as Gothic 3 despite rumors that it wasn't as good as its prequels. Also the upcoming Drakensang looks highly promising.

Quick edit: I recently bought both Fallout and Fallout 2 for the price of 5$. BARGAIN!

Fallout 3 currently has no future as it's not being produced by anyone and I forgot where the license lost itself.

Another good action RPG which was on XBOX will be released for the PC with improvements, namely Jade Empire. Can't wait.

i hope Jade Empire isnt TOO much like KOTOR though, i hated kotor, but i probably just hated it because it was star wars (which i find to be corny as hell)

I dunno i played wow and i didnt see what the big deal was, i thought it was reallllllly repetitive and pretty boring, i played as a Tauren Shaman.

Jade Empire, is the crap. All of what Axl said is true though concerning GW.

The worst thing I hate about WoW, I know about 10 kids in school that play it, and I can only play with two of them because we are all on different servers.

Quick edit: I recently bought both Fallout and Fallout 2 for the price of 5$. BARGAIN!

Best PC RPG of all time in my opinion

Bethesda Softworks is supposed to be working on Fallout 3 ( and that's about the only PC rpg I'm waiting for atm. ) But heaven only knows when they'll be done with it <_<

As for MMORPG's I enjoyed Dark Age of Camelot alot when we had a local server going - and a little bit of ultima online on the side. I'm not too fond of all these new eye-candy rpg's for pc they're bringing out these days

is fallout 1 and 2 online?

Nope.

Fallout 3 is being made by Bethesda. They're currently in full production and we should be seeing some media this year, hopefully sooner rather than later. They bought the rights to everything Fallout except the MMO - Interplay still owns the rights to that and wants to make a Fallout MMORPG. There was some news of a government filing for the MMORPG project with an ENORMOUS BUDGET (something like 75 million!) so I don't know how they'll secure that funding since they're bankrupt.