[2/4/07] Metal Slug Anthology

Yeh all the NeoGeo Online Collection releases are basically just good old NeoGeo emulation. The interesting thing with this though, and with the Samurai Spirits Collection they are releasing this year, is that both have Atomiswave games.

The way Sony's official PS1 emulator was so quickly unpacked and reverse engineered makes me hope that MS6 and SST will eventually pave the way to real Atomiswave emulation.

You're out of your mind if you think ms6 is emulated. It is quite simply a port. nothing more, nothing less.

You're out of your mind if you think ms6 is emulated. It is quite simply a port. nothing more, nothing less.

Is it that inconceivable that there could be emulation involved? Not even with parts of the data preprocessed? Some things I noticed- If it is just a port, why does it retain the two 'press start' splash screens, or the 'free play' sign when the PS2 port didn't? That much is aesthetic but there is also slowdown in this version is more severe in places than the PS2's, which would likely be something you'd iron when doing a port, right? Additionally, the 'accept' button in-game is mapped to whatever button you assigned to shoot- not the traditional X or O (as in the PS2 version and the other games). Finally, when you have a title consisting of easily-emulated games, why add the extra headache of adding another title that you'd actually have to port all at the last minute?

Is it that inconceivable that there could be emulation involved? Not even with parts of the data preprocessed? Some things I noticed- If it is just a port, why does it retain the two 'press start' splash screens, or the 'free play' sign when the PS2 port didn't? That much is aesthetic but there is also slowdown in this version is more severe in places than the PS2's, which would likely be something you'd iron when doing a port, right? Additionally, the 'accept' button in-game is mapped to whatever button you assigned to shoot- not the traditional X or O (as in the PS2 version and the other games). Finally, when you have a title consisting of easily-emulated games, why add the extra headache of adding another title that you'd actually have to port all at the last minute?

That is quite a sound theory there. Hopefully you are right at least

It's inconceivable because the PSP doesn't have nearly enough ram or speed to be anywhere even close to being able to run a Dreamcast emulator (Atomiswave is Dreamcast + extra ram). The PSP has 36mb and the Atomiswave has 72; I hope you're following me here... but it's just not possible. It's much more conceivable that they simply ported the Atomiswave version rather than the ps2 version.