FlashMe Tutorial (Newbie's Guide)

Mooney

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm loading it from the gba slot, and on the m3 it says for nds.gba so is it a gba flashcart or a ds one

FlashMe has to be installed in DS mode, so you'll have to boot your M3 into DS mode (using PassMe or NoPass) then run the FlashMe .nds file.

and how do i disable the gui

lolwut

why would you want to do that?

Well, with most GBA flashcarts, the GUI gets in the way of loading FlashMe, so you have to disable it. With slot-2 flashcards made for the DS, you might not have to disable the GUI (I'm not sure, I've never installed FlashMe with a slot-2 NDS flashcard, only a GBA flashcart). Just try to load FlashMe from the M3's menu.

from my personal experience with the M3 lite, all you do is load flashme as you would load any other DS game in DS mode. I honestly don't know of any flashcart that allows for the disabling of the GUI.

yeah i know, but i dont understand how to disable the gui

with the M3, you shouldn't have to (and I doubt you actually can). Like mooney said, you need to load the flashcart in DS mode, which requires a slot2 bootloader like passme2 or nopass. Once you do that, you have to load the flashme program from the menu.

• 3 months later...

Hi i know there is a warning at the top of the page saying if the install is interrupted it may brick your ds, well i had a fully charged original ds i was going to install this on but my ds somehow shutdown and when i turned it back on the screen didn't change from the original grayish black screen and wouldn't bypass that screen. is there any way to unbrick my ds from this point. i ran the flashme8 noauto off of a games n music card i got yesterday and i have a bigger ezfa 3 cart that i was going to run ds games off of. so is there any way to unbrick my ds

Hi i know there is a warning at the top of the page saying if the install is interrupted it may brick your ds, well i had a fully charged original ds i was going to install this on but my ds somehow shutdown and when i turned it back on the screen didn't change from the original grayish black screen and wouldn't bypass that screen. is there any way to unbrick my ds from this point. i ran the flashme8 noauto off of a games n music card i got yesterday and i have a bigger ezfa 3 cart that i was going to run ds games off of. so is there any way to unbrick my ds

This is the only option for recovery given by the official FlashMe website:

Recovery:

Failsafe code is written into the first few blocks of firmware, in case the flashing procedure gets interrupted or malicious software overwrites part of your firmware. If your firmware gets corrupt, hold START+SELECT to boot directly to SLOT-1 or SLOT-2. From there, you can run flashme or noflashme to repair it.

If that doesn't work, I hope your warranty was still active for your DS. :/

sorry for double post but my games and music seems bricked at least i think, because it wont boot passed a white screen if i hold start+select and all my other games work also the green battery light continues to blink as if i was playing a ds game and closed the screen. any way to unbrick it

sorry for double post but my games and music seems bricked at least i think, because it wont boot passed a white screen if i hold start+select and all my other games work also the green battery light continues to blink as if i was playing a ds game and closed the screen. any way to unbrick it

Sorry, I've never used a Games N Music, much less heard of them getting bricked. :/