FlashMe Tutorial (Newbie's Guide)

Mooney

because my ds was 130 dollars i dont want it to become bricked. it is not a lite. so your saying as long as i have it plugged in to a power outlet i will be fine. because tony hawks proving ground is coming out and i would hate to have my ds bricked and not get to play that game ) :

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh? if it's a Phat, I don't think you have anything to worry about, since there is much less risk of brickage with phats... just make sure it's plugged in, and you should have nothing to worry about, really

because my ds was 130 dollars i dont want it to become bricked. it is not a lite. so your saying as long as i have it plugged in to a power outlet i will be fine. because tony hawks proving ground is coming out and i would hate to have my ds bricked and not get to play that game ) :

Yes, you should make sure to keep your DS plugged in during flashing, but also remember:

- Do NOT shut off your DS until flashing is complete

- If you lose the SL1 connection (and flashing stops) don't panic, just wiggle your metal object around till you reestablish the connection and flashing resumes.

not that I know of, but I have heard techniques like melting a pen cap and sticking it on the screw, but I wouldn't recommend it because the plastic goop will get stuck there

jeweler's screwdrivers don't cost much, just head to your local wal*mart/target/hardware store and get a cheapo set for a few bucks

a gui is a graphical user interface... it's the graphics that you interact with in order to do certain tasks, and yeah M3 should have some sort of GUI, I mean how else are you going to select DS homebrew apps/games?

i cant find a screwdriver small enough to get open the battery pack. does anything else work.

I used a toothpick with some tin foil tightly wrapped around the end.

what is a gui.

does m3 perfect have a gui??

As Reaper Man said, a GUI is a graphical user interface that makes it easy to select ROMs and apps, and yes, the M3 has one. Every DS/GBA flashcard made these days does.

I bought a tiny flat head and philips screwdriver package at wal-mart and they forgot to include the philips.....

Just go back, explain the issue and return/exchange it. Hope you kept the receipt...

and how do i disable the gui

lolwut

why would you want to do that?

Edited by Reaper man

and how do i disable the gui

lolwut

why would you want to do that?

Well, with most GBA flashcarts, the GUI gets in the way of loading FlashMe, so you have to disable it. With slot-2 flashcards made for the DS, you might not have to disable the GUI (I'm not sure, I've never installed FlashMe with a slot-2 NDS flashcard, only a GBA flashcart). Just try to load FlashMe from the M3's menu.