Old Computer

GodPigeon

My friend Gave me his computer to Look at and when connected this is the message i get.

DSCN1155.jpg

Ive never seen this before so i wouldnt know what to do. I dont have a floppy drive on MY computer nor do i think i can make a boot disk for him. Suggestions??

Well, there is no Operation System on the hard disk, or the OS is corrupt. How old is his computer, btw?

This is one of those computers given to students for free by the school, so she recieived it roughly 6-7 yrs ago, and it was Windows ME.

I found a site to download Boot disks. I also have a windows XP installation CD. But i dont have a Floppy Drive, But i will try to Take the floppy drive from that computer and Temporarly put it on mine and make the boot disk. Since you can install Windows OS from the Bootdisk and CD i guess i should get it working

:D Looks like today is not my lucky day.

When i made the transplant of Floppy drive from her comp to mine, it installed perfectly and everything. I then found my Old Windows 98 Boot disk from like 10 yrs ago :)

I put it in my PC to see if the files were still there to then use it on the Bad PC, But my PC tells me that to please put a disk in Drive A:/

So now that i had the other Windows XP download ready and everything, i come to find out the A:/ drive doesnt even WORK :)

So now i gotta buy another Floppy drive(Which might be hard to find)

It might have a bad hard drive

check and see if all the cables are connected(WARNING only do this if you know what your doing)

if its all connected

then see if you can get an alternitive os like linux then try windows

It might have a bad hard drive

check and see if all the cables are connected(WARNING only do this if you know what your doing)

if its all connected

then see if you can get an alternitive os like linux then try windows

The Cables are all connected Right. And im not sure about the Hard drive. My friend told me that he had put on a different Hard drive onto the computer and he took the main one out to test it. Then when he saw nothing happened and he switched it back, he got that screen.

How would i be able to get Linux on the Computer if i can get past that screen??

go to a comp that works and put the os on that one

try get a cheap hard drive (6gb)somthin small

and try to put an os on it

oh yay for got to tell you

r the jumpers in the right place if you dont know what that is

google it

google it

I doubt i can find one but i will look for one.

And i dont think the Jumpers should have a problem, the computer worked before and i doubt anyone tampered with them.

google it

I doubt i can find one but i will look for one.

And i dont think the Jumpers should have a problem, the computer worked before and i doubt anyone tampered with them.

i had like 3 of them not hard to get for me

and 2 floppy drives

(i think ther in my garge)

wow that is one weird error screen. And you cant boot from a CD? I have a pretty old laptop (around the same age) and it can do it. Just burn WinXP or whatever OS to a CD and install from that.

The CD drive is Useless. I have one and it just doesnt even attempt to read it at all.