This is pathetic

Shibathedog

Windows Vista seems better for me. I do a lot of video/audio encoding/decoding... but I don't play modern PC games. At the very end of the article we have an informative closure...

* Vista runs considerably more services and thus has to spend somewhat more resources on itself. Indexing, connectivity and usability don't come for free.

* There is a lot of CPU performance available today! We've got really fast dual core processors, and even faster quad cores will hit the market by the middle of the year. Even though you will lose application performance by upgrading to Vista, today's hardware is much faster than yesterday's, and tomorrow's processors will clearly leap even further ahead.

* No new Windows release has been able to offer more application performance than its predecessor.

So, don't judge too harshly. We know that we can turn off indexing services and the sort for better performance. Every system needs to be tweaked to get the full potential out of its operating system and hardware.

Edited by olaf

Whats pathetic is how XP runs every benchmark faster.

True, processors will get faster, But its like Lets wait for tomorrows processors for todays performance. You can run things faster in XP, and since theres less bloatware youll always run things faster in XP, unless they do some crazy huge overhaul.

UT2k4 is a really interesting one, since that game relies way more on your CPU than your GPU. You can really see the wasted processor usage in that one.

Whats pathetic is how XP runs every benchmark faster.

True, processors will get faster, But its like Lets wait for tomorrows processors for todays performance.

which is why I won't upgrade until later :)

You can run things faster in XP

even faster in 98

but yeah whatever...