MAMEdOX Plat Plus

BritneysPAIRS

Excuse for the newbie question but it's the first time i have the opportunity to test Mamedox platinum Collection:

If i want to play this emu from hard disk (not from dvd) what must i do (after i have installed properly the save folders burning and using the little iso that is in the package )?

Can i ftp the bigger iso file,included in Mamedox Platinum2.rar, as it is (or must i extract the iso), directly in my xbox hard disk wherever i want (in a subfolder of the folder Emulators, for example, that i have in F:\) and then launch the default.xbe from xbmc for istance?

Thanks for help.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse for the newbie question but it's the first time i have the opportunity to test Mamedox platinum Collection:

If i want to play this emu from hard disk (not from dvd) what must i do (after i have installed properly the save folders burning and using the little iso that is in the package )?

Can i ftp the bigger iso file,included in Mamedox Platinum2.rar, as it is (or must i extract the iso), directly in my xbox hard disk wherever i want (in a subfolder of the folder Emulators, for example, that i have in F:\) and then launch the default.xbe from xbmc for istance?

Thanks for help.

Sure, you can extract the file contents from the big iso file and then ftp its content to your xbox hdd (In fact,

running from hdd is nicer than from DVD). If you put under f:\emulators or e:\emulators it should be automatically detected from XBMC launcher.

I'm sure BritneysPAIRS would like to hear some feedback from this MamedOX release.

Edited by RastanX

this isnt what its all about guys........ RastanX excluded. Ive put alot of time into this about 1 year ago but becuase of this stuff I didnt bother giving it to you guys, there was alot to change in source to do what you see here although you dont see it cause everything is taken care of for you in background. Anyways sort it out guys Ive got a bigger project that im final testing (a year or so of work to do what I did with Mame to the whole xbox experience) now and cant find any bugs. But ill look for a little longer and enjoy what ive done :huh:

See you guys soon if you actually added proper comments for me it may help everyone out, most of this stuff just makes this stuff not really get seen and people live with the stuff ive seen around which IMO is not very good.

Peace

Cheers Robert

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

I was wondering if I could get a new config for the new version of Platinum.

For me it is great as is, but I would like Black & White together to quit to menu instead of start and back.

Any help appreciated. Thanks for another great release.

PS: This uses the same save folder as v1 right? They can co-exist but is there any point, have you removed any games from v1 to v2?

Edited by scumball

sure do you also want start to not bring up the options on the selector at all

That's okay as it is for me....

Have v1 and v2 loaded on the same XBox under different folders - but v1 now shows the extra games from v2 but without the preview screen grab. Is there any way for them to co-exist or is it pointless to keep hold of v1 now?

Edited by scumball

play the game press white and back in the game change the key in that game for servie mode press it and adjust what you want. id then turn off service mode key to make sure it doesnt get set again.

MVC seems to only offer Service 1 not Service Mode in the menu like other CPS games. I can't actually get to Service Mode. Any idea about Simpsons, can change the coin setup but no freeplay seems available?