MAMEdOX Plat Plus

BritneysPAIRS

OK just finished a skin upgrade and looked though 3000 games to pick around 150-200 new games... plus more optimisation of stuff.

Any ideas on Games that would be cool to play let me know or interface adjustments to make it better to select a game. There is actually quite a few improvements already but ill see if theres any more.

Then I need a name for this..... as well

1.JPG

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK just finished a skin upgrade and looked though 3000 games to pick around 150-200 new games... plus more optimisation of stuff.

Any ideas on Games that would be cool to play let me know or interface adjustments to make it better to select a game. There is actually quite a few improvements already but ill see if theres any more.

Then I need a name for this..... as well

I think the interface is great as it is - don't bring in any white/black or analogue click presses for me as I have this in a cabinet and the buttons are ideally mapped for Start/Back/Green/Red/Blue/Yellow and Triggers. I would like to see some Light Gun games working... Let us know when this is on Usenet - this will be a must get for me!

OK ive actually removed light gun games... as I cant test them and they are buggy if I had one ill do a proper light gun one with diff interface. Ive simplified the interface not been adding to it ;). But played most games and added any that Ive never played but looked like quality games. I cant think of ways to improve interface apart from removing the confusing keys all over the screen... ive made that easier as you will see in screenshot, I added pressing Y makes it come up with full info of game only while you are holding it... but after using it kind of liked it cleaner so I removed it. PM me scumball you can Beta test stuff if you want. Its pretty much done just seeing if anyone has any ideas.

I think the interface is great as it is - don't bring in any white/black or analogue click presses for me as I have this in a cabinet and the buttons are ideally mapped for Start/Back/Green/Red/Blue/Yellow and Triggers. I would like to see some Light Gun games working... Let us know when this is on Usenet - this will be a must get for me!

I have mine in a cabinet too ;) . Would love to see light support! Previous Plat interface is great. I don't think the analog clicks did anything in that version but I like having the favorites white/black option.

I like how this new one doesn't have the options button anymore as it's already configured perfectly and it keeps people from messing things up. I like having the Y fast select visible so people know about it. BP- you've removed the icon or the feature all together?

Also, moving the back button is cool and all but the "back" text is gone so it maybe possible someone could misinterpret it.

Good to see your still working on this BP!

keys work like org just gone from skin.... yes many advanced option keys arnt shown.. eg pause to get to cheats and the anolog triggers fast scroll to games I would think instructions on side of cab are the way to go or a manual as before so many keys seemed to just confuse people. I am thinking of putting in 3 launchers.

1 is like it is now

2 has start removed for cab

3 has all inc rom adding and deleting

you could use full to set it up then change it to 2 and no one can change setup.

Anyway ideas and talking is what is needed... this stuff takes 1 minute to change now that all keys, names, cheats, favs and all other things are in place, its simply what should be enabled / disabled for people so its as simple as poss and fits the core things they want it for

PS could make option of a skin with all written and minimal and press start, select skin back in settings... just ideas need feed back or else people get what ever is in my head

The 3 different setups would be perfect. That way the kids can't screw it up. That's all I need.

Can we change the displayed artwork to cabinets, marquees, whatever? MAMEwah uses artwork folders that you can call up via the frontend layout editor. It just displays whatever is the correctly named file in whichever folder. "Artwork_1", "Artwork_2", etc. It would be kind of neat to have the marquee above the screenshot assuming it was sized to the same width. What about changing the wallpaper image?

I never was able to get the last version, so I apologize if these are stupid questions.