Need advice on emu for Xbox arcade cabinet

Arcadia

I want to build a new arcade cabinet with an Xbox for the "guts". I've built a couple cabinets already, but I always went the PC route with various emulators like MAME. This time I'm going to use an old TV and an empty 2nd generation Taito cabinet. I can solder well and I don't need XBL support. I'm just after arcade emulation, I don't need NES, 2600, etc.

If I start with a virgin Xbox, what would be a good emulator to use for *straight forward* arcade playing? My sisters kids always play when they come over, so I need something that can be configured once and then can't be easily tweaked. If there's a config menu, they'll find it and do things they shouldn't. <_<

I think MAMEdOX Platinum would work, but my newsgroup access is *CRAP*. I can't get it through this outlet. Is there a way to compile something similar on my own? I've been looking at XBMC and may want to go that route for some mp3 support, but if I need to do something different to keep the kids out of the menus, I'll go that route and skip the mp3's.

I'd like to document my build, I assume this would be the right forum?

Thanks guys.

Mamedox Platinum is ideal for a cab - I use it on mine. Are you in the UK?

Nope, US.

With MAMEdOX Platinum would the kids be able to get in and mess stuff up or are the options pretty much locked down? One of nieces is pretty young and will hit any button at any time, so I would move some buttons into less convenient spots if I have to.

Mamedox Platinum is ideal for a cab - I use it on mine. Are you in the UK?

Nope, US.

With MAMEdOX Platinum would the kids be able to get in and mess stuff up or are the options pretty much locked down? One of nieces is pretty young and will hit any button at any time, so I would move some buttons into less convenient spots if I have to.

I have a Quasicade 2 Arcade system (www.quasimoto.com) w/ a modded Xbox in mine

Current MAMEdOX Platinum still has the options button so yes they can accidentally change something (Still much more kid friendly than plain MAMEdOX though). I think BritneySPAIRS is working on a new version that removes the options Icon (but not sure about the functionality of the button)