What Anime Series are you currently Watching?

Diso

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started Highschool of the Dead at the weekend, gotta love some zombie action though it seems even atx are censoring it with ep2, not the jiggling boobs & panty shots though oh no, in Japan those are fine but a drill to a zombies head? that's too much. After the uncensored ep1 they have started early with the 'make us want the dvd/bd release' plan, atx are a premium channel as well so a long wait for proper uncut stuff is coming, though it already liscensed in the US so maybe not that long

Started Highschool of the Dead at the weekend, gotta love some zombie action though it seems even atx are censoring it with ep2, not the jiggling boobs & panty shots though oh no, in Japan those are fine but a drill to a zombies head? that's too much. After the uncensored ep1 they have started early with the 'make us want the dvd/bd release' plan, atx are a premium channel as well so a long wait for proper uncut stuff is coming, though it already liscensed in the US so maybe not that long

I dunno why but the first Isaw it(unedited) I was gritting my teeth and feeling sorry for the victims amd couldnt even get into the ecchiness cuz it was gore mixed in with it.

But after I watched it again, i was completely unaffected by it, and thus I could focus more on the echiiness...giggidy.

I thought my reaction was weird seeing how I saw Hellsing Ultimate with te whole eating of women and babies...gritty...

the editing that it suffers now will help with ignoring the gore & focussing on things that jiggle, can't wait for the uncut dvd/blu-ray release of this one, not that its gonna stop me watching the edited ones of course

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to watch Evangelion 1.11 to see how bad the English dub is this time round, failed as once more Manga's authoring process is a big fail causing stuttering playback for me, doesn't happen with other companies releases, strangely after making a copy of it the copy seems fine after a quick test (if copying it so I can actually watch it doesn't fall under 'fair use' nothing does) in stuff watching without those problems:

Amagami SS

Asobi ni Iku Yo

Ookami-san

Occult Acadamy

Seitokai Yakuindomo

Heroman

Legend of the Legendary Heroes (most redundant title ever?)

Digimon Xros Wars

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (draggin my heels a bit here got 8 to go to finish it off)

Edited by Hawq

• 3 weeks later...

Finally finished FMA Brotherhood, good stuff & the ending shows where the planned film is probably gonna go, of course it also spoils the film in some ways, if you've seen the last episode you'll know what I mean

that picture of a happy family shows us no matter what 'mortal' peril the Elrics may be in they're gonna survive it unless the makers choose to ignore the picture of Ed & Winry with their kids & uncle Al in the background

Other stuff:

I tried the English 1.11 dub, its not the worst dub I've ever heard but I aint gonna be in a rush to use it again thats fer sure, the problems running the disc didn't help had to copy it as Manga once again messed something up when authoring the disc so nothing I have can play it, oddly once I made a copy of the disc the copy was perfectly OK (if anything falls under 'fair use' for making a copy this does as its the only way I could watch the damn thing)

Following directly on from that the R3 2.22 release & my god the subtitles are small on it, I thought Funimations subs on Negima were tiny, these seem even smaller, still they at least let me know what was going on despite one or two grammar errors, shame they weren't visible during any bits with characters speaking English though as while Mari is easily understandable Kaji speaking English made my ears bleed, really wish they'd made more of an effort with that bit, apart from that though a damn fine film that's left me wondering just what the hell they're gonna have in 3.0 & 4.0 now given the way 2.22 ends

• 2 weeks later...