SuperBowl

Mooney

SuperBowl XLI  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would cheer for the Bears, except for two reasons:

1. The Tank Johnson incident - Apparently, it would be horrible and world-ending if he didn't carry out his full two game suspension for drugs/guns etc. No, the Bears HAD to have him play in a totally unimportant game against the Packers, which, by the way, Rex Grossman publicly said he did not prepare for. <_<

2. Lovie Smith - When the Bears first hired him, he said all he wanted to do was beat the Packers. That's just plain sleazy. He does not deserve to win. Nuff said.

1 and 2. The Packers game was very important to the team. In case you don't know the Packers and Bears have a great rivalry between them. I don't blame them for playing Tank or for Lovie saying what he did. Then again, we all saw how bad that game turned out for them.

Oh, I am quite aware of the rivalry. Having grown up in Wisconsin, I do believe I understand it enough. I'm not sure you understand why I think the Tank Johnson thing is bullshit.

About a year ago, the night before a completely unimportant Bears game (which had no effect on playoff status or anything) the Bears held a meeting for sports analysts at ESPN, as they usually do. In that meeting, the Bears announced who they were going to have start at QB. An ESPN intern who had been at the meeting leaked the info to a radio station, which then publicly broadcast it. Now, remember that this wasa COMPLETELY unimportant game, and that it was the night before. The Bears got in a big huff, and said they would never talk to ESPN again unless the intern, who was not being payed anyway, was fired. Now, after one of their players got into trouble with DRUGS, they couldn't have him out for two games, oh no! They thought he should get a second chance!

Hypocrisy, that's what that is.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. The Tank Johnson incident - Apparently, it would be horrible and world-ending if he didn't carry out his full two game suspension for drugs/guns etc. No, the Bears HAD to have him play in a totally unimportant game against the Packers, which, by the way, Rex Grossman publicly said he did not prepare for. <_<

2. Lovie Smith - When the Bears first hired him, he said all he wanted to do was beat the Packers. That's just plain sleazy. He does not deserve to win. Nuff said.

1 and 2. The Packers game was very important to the team. In case you don't know the Packers and Bears have a great rivalry between them. I don't blame them for playing Tank or for Lovie saying what he did. Then again, we all saw how bad that game turned out for them.

Oh, I am quite aware of the rivalry. Having grown up in Wisconsin, I do believe I understand it enough. I'm not sure you understand why I think the Tank Johnson thing is bullshit.

About a year ago, the night before a completely unimportant Bears game (which had no effect on playoff status or anything) the Bears held a meeting for sports analysts at ESPN, as they usually do. In that meeting, the Bears announced who they were going to have start at QB. An ESPN intern who had been at the meeting leaked the info to a radio station, which then publicly broadcast it. Now, remember that this wasa COMPLETELY unimportant game, and that it was the night before. The Bears got in a big huff, and said they would never talk to ESPN again unless the intern, who was not being payed anyway, was fired. Now, after one of their players got into trouble with DRUGS, they couldn't have him out for two games, oh no! They thought he should get a second chance!

I believe your bias comes from the second sentence in your response :P

I believe your bias comes from the second sentence in your response :P

If you mean the fact that I grew up in WI, I'll have you know that two of my grandparents live near Chicago, and my sister goes to U of C. Chicago has been a bigger part of my life than Green Bay. Also, as I said, I would cheer for the Bears if not for those two things. Since they are both based on fact, I don't think that's very biased of me.

• 2 weeks later...

Bear down, Chicago Bears, make every play clear the way to victory;

Bear down, Chicago Bears, put up a fight with a might so fearlessly.

We'll never forget the way you thrilled the nation with your T-formation.

Bear down, Chicago Bears, and let them know why you're wearing the crown.

You're the pride and joy of Illinois, Chicago Bears, bear down.

I wont be watching because ill be at work! which is going to be flockIN AWESOME IM SO HAPPY OMFG I THINK MAYBE ILL NOT KILL EVERYONE.

Everytime theres a flocking football game all these retarded football fans come into the store "Durrhurr this place is owned by that guy who used to play for the Bengals lets eat here because its cool durrhurr" (Usually coming in drunk and screaming because theres a buffalo wild wings next door) Okay EVERYONE around here a flocking bandwagon fan and the Bengals obsession makes me sick and is always plain ridiculous, theres no normal, or a little bit, or in between, its always like insane Bengals obsession.

anyway im getting pissed off just thinking about this back on track

During the superbowl tomorrow (We are going to be REALLY busy if you got my point above) SOMEONE had the super awesome idea of a buy one get one free sale so even MORE people come in.

Tomorrow its just not going to stop, its going to be flocking horrible, I better get some kind of Bullshit-Bengals-Bonus.

(BTW the guy who owns the store his name is Max Montoya or something like that, hes actually a pretty cool guy ive talked to him a few times when he came in to check on stuff)

@Shiba- you work at Penn Station East Coast Subs?

As for who wins... I honestly don't care. I will never really care until the Detroit Lions go (which won't happen in my lifetime).

This just leaves me to go to a friend's house, enjoy some beer and some of his lovely wife's fantastic home cooking :unsure: