Women killed in a wii competition

Diso

Two days old but..

A twenty-eight year old Sacramento mother of three has died of water intoxication after taking part in a local radio competition to win a Wii console.

Jennifer Strange was found dead on Friday at her home after taking part in a contest named “Hold your wee for a Wii” at the studios of radio station KDND 107.9. The competition involved drinking large quantities of water, with the last person to go to the toilet winning a Wii console – currently out of stock in most of North America.

Link

Credits:Slashdot

It really shows how far people are willing to go just to get things they want. I would think the radio station should have the common sense to know that making contestants do this had health risk factors to this.

That is possibly one of the stupidest things I've ever heard a person do. "Hold your wee for a Wii?" how about "Who can wee the longest for a Wii" or "Who can wee the farthest for a Wii"

This has been all over the internets. Both the woman and the DJs are to blame. Then again, very few people know that one can die from drinking too much water.

The woman should have realized when to stop.

This is very sad, she left behind her 3 children.

guys think about it, it's not about how stupid this contest was. She risked her life so she can get the wii for her children. I just can't believe this happened.

but just so you know, the DJs and a few other people that worked there got fired.

If I knew ahead of time, I would of donated my Wii to this poor woman(IM DEAD SERIOUS ABOUT THAT)

and fck you nintendo for breaking your promise about the amount of units avaliable and no shortage. I'm very dissapointed not only you guys made 50 dollars off per wii, you friggin had to sell the controller set (wiimote+nunchuk) for $70 total + tax* good going nin. And Yes the reason why I critise nin was because they are partially blamed for this women's death.

This is truely sad. I think the radio station should give the kids a wii anyway and then setup a fund to let people donate to help them kids out. The radio station should be the first to contribute a large sum to it.