Final Fantasy 7

rubiocroft

Hey...

I always wanted to play this game and I did it... I found Final Fantasy 7 - 8, these are the ones I want to take a look at. SO I started with the 7' and I've done a good job I guess... However, there is something I haven't been able to do yet, and it's how to put materia added to some weapons.. I know that this weapon should have an slot linked to another, and I put some materia like "lighting" + All.... it does attack to every enemie out there... but what about to attack with materia by using a weapon?... and I guess that your armor can absorve .. catch... some materias by doing something like that... :P WE use "Add effect materia right?" but how Do i activate it... ? when ?? how?? :angry: well.. that's all I guess...

Although I love fighting games for now.. but maybe I would turn into a Rpg -FFantasy fan too.... :shootem:

FFVII.gif

bye!

RUBIO

If you link Add Effect + Spell together to your weapon, you add the effect of that spell to your normal attacks. Works with most if all all magic materia. Note that the slots need to be linked for this to work. If you link All + a spell together, using that spell with hit all enemies.

If you link Absorb + a spell to your armor you will absorb a part or all of the damage when hit with that particular spell (depending on the level of the magic materia, of course). As a nice bonus, if you link Absorb + Exit, you can nullify non-elemental magic (like Ultima Weapon's best attack).

Blue materia like All and Absorb need to be put in linked slots to be effective.

Let me see...

Until now, I put these materias together in two linked slots. But once you do that, do you need to activate it during some battle or it just works inmediately? because I 've made Magic + All work.. but I haven't been able to do the same with that one which makes absorb.... :o

Materia is activated as soon as you attach it to a slot. On that note, it's been quite a while since I last played FF7, so I might have been giving you some false information. HP/MP Absorb work when attacking with the linked Materia. IIRC, if you want to absorb spell damage, you need to put Added Effect + spell materia in your armor.

So yeah, my apologies. Needed to do some digging myself as well.

blooddrinkerS: Read the board rules. First warning.

I have a problem with this game. Its a CUE/BIN file. It starts peredectly but the controls wont work for it. My gamepad dont work nor does my keyboard. Wierd thing is, that they work for all my other games, just this one wont work. any ideas??

EDIT: nvm i got it working :o

EDIT2: Ok after i got that working and i get to the New Game screen, after i pick new game, it gives me the "ePSXe has encountered a problem and has to close" everytime.

Edited by GoRDoOnE

1. The graphics plugin is way old, download a newer one from Pete's site.

2. You should really use Pete's OpenGL2 plugin, if your video card can handle it.

3. Use Eternal SPU for sound. ePSXe's SPU is crap compared to it. Remember to enable specific audio stuff for SQquaresoft games before running the game.