Think it's a good time to buy a white psp?

Even though I don't have money right now, I could save for one. But I only want it for looks and because my current screen is half busted (I already looked at the screen replacements and will buy one if I decide not to get this).

Opinions?

Well what are you going to do with it? Pretty soon all retail PSPs will come with the TA-086 motherboard and 3.01 stock, and so cant be downgraded or exploited yet. If youre counting on homebrew, dont.

But what do you mean youre screens half busted? If its unusable then yeah sure get another, but if its just a cosmetic fix then I dunno why youd want to blow money on a whole new unit.

divineo is selling 2.71 white psp for like 200 dollars i think but i still have my black one and for gaming reason i rather have this one, im playing and scince its white it will be kind of hard to concentrate on the game scince its shiny but it looks great.

Unless you're going to buy a 2.71 white PSP from Divineo, I'd say just get the screen replacement. As DragonKeeper said, pretty soon all the PSPs will be manufactured with the newest firmwares and more evil motherboards. Plus, buying a white one has a much greater chance of a TA-082, so it would HAVE to have 2.71 if you ever wanted to downgrade or get a custom firmware (2.71 SE, 3.02 OE). :)